Sponsored

Will we have an idea of delivery date when we order in December?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The delivery date would definitely play into what trim/packages I'm considering, any chance we might get some kind of estimate by then?
Sponsored

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh man, I missed that. Guess it's a hard no.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice it says "approximate", when I ws frequenting the Tremor forums there were a lot of guys ordering. As the order is placed,You get an estimated date that production will start and delivery ..... you'll get notices as your order works its way through the system, including when the build actually starts and of course a better idea of when it will ship and get delivered.

At some point in the process, a VIN is issued..... at that point, no further changes will be allowed to that order. That unit is being built and if you take a pass on it, it goes into dealer stock and you lose your place in line. Not a big deal for the Tremor guys, but for the Bronco, it may set you back a very long time....6 months maybe, judging by their delivery statements at this point.

This is just what I can recall from those guys and may be way off base regarding the Bronco...

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's an interesting point about the orders still going through as dealer stock too... I was hoping that all the people that reserved 2+ with the intention of deciding later would end up dropping the actual # of orders in December and shortening the line.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suspect the process will be all about setting proper expectations. I think Ford is working hard to walk a tightrope between high expectations on the part of the user community and what/when the vehicles can be delivered.
I do have an F150 which I love and plan to keep. For me, I would rather they take the time they need to deliver a vehicle which exceeds my expectations.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an interesting point about the orders still going through as dealer stock too... I was hoping that all the people that reserved 2+ with the intention of deciding later would end up dropping the actual # of orders in December and shortening the line.
The terms "Reservation" and "Order" are NOT interchangeable!
A reservation turns into an order when you go there and place your customized order.
If somebody no shows, that is the end ....next reservation person up!
After they submit your order, some changes can be made up until the time that order is assigned a VIN.
If all of a sudden, AFTER the VIN is assigned you decide you absolutely must have a 4 door instead of a 2 door....too bad. That ordered truck is pretty much coming. You can still walk away from the deal, the dealer gets "stuck" with the car (I believe), they put it in stock.
YOU, get to wait until walk ins get built before they'll look at your order for the 2 door you just had to have.....6 months or more later.

Again, I am NOT a Ford insider.....this is how it was explained by the numerous guys who had to order their Tremors.
I've been known to be wrong.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been said that when Ford decides to take orders for these, you will be assigned a limited number of days to get yo ass to the dealer and place that order, otherwise you get to experience the refund process and get yo ass to the back of the line.
There will be no waiting for 3 months and going in to act on your second reservation ... for a buddy or some shit like that.

Again, I have not personally read the fine print on all of this.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You will be notified directly from Ford when it’s your time to place the order and will be given a deadline to do so. The orders will be made by you, online through the Ford website. You’ll go in with your log-in info.
The Bronco is the first vehicle that Ford will use this process. You will not need to go to any dealer. If you do, all they’re going to do is let you log on to your Ford account and assist you with making your choices if needed.
The dealerships are not really involved at all in the reservation and ordering process for the Bronco.
Ford is trying a new take on reserving and ordering. Hopefully it works out. This seems like it would be better and easier for most consumers. Maybe even the dealership too?
The attachment is where the status of your reservation and order can be tracked. This is located in your Ford personal account. You won’t need a dealer to see when your order will be delivered, unless their website isn’t updated timely or it’s having some glitches.

Ford Bronco Will we have an idea of delivery date when we order in December? A50FD451-B9E3-4524-8D6F-5AFFF8707CA4

Last edited:

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was hoping we could pick a timeframe. Like anytime after Sep 2021, would work out perfect for me.

Sponsored

Evilriderobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The orders will be online through the Ford website. You’ll go in with your log-in info.
The Bronco is the first vehicle that Ford will use this process. You will not need to go to any dealer. If you do, all they’re going to do is let you log on to your Ford account and assist you with making your choices if needed.
The dealerships are not really involved at all in the reservation and ordering process for the Bronco.
Ford is trying a new take on reserving and ordering. Hopefully it works out. This seems like it would be better and easier for most consumers. Maybe even the dealership too?
that really sounds good hope that's true

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone want my place in line? we reserved day two but my wife is getting a volvo instead. i’m gunna get a two door bronco but i’m wanting to wait till later to reserve again to give me more time to save.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

does anyone want my place in line? we reserved day two but my wife is getting a volvo instead. i’m gunna get a two door bronco but i’m wanting to wait till later to reserve again to give me more time to save.
Man, I wish! But I'm pretty sure they cant be transferred.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I wish! But I'm pretty sure they cant be transferred.
if people are selling their first edition reservations why not everyone else ya know?