Sponsored

Will we have an idea of delivery date when we order in December?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was physically tied to you, name/address etc
I don’t think it’s tied until paperwork/ordering but I could be wrong haha i’ve never done this before
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice it says "approximate", when I ws frequenting the Tremor forums there were a lot of guys ordering. As the order is placed,You get an estimated date that production will start and delivery ..... you'll get notices as your order works its way through the system, including when the build actually starts and of course a better idea of when it will ship and get delivered.

At some point in the process, a VIN is issued..... at that point, no further changes will be allowed to that order. That unit is being built and if you take a pass on it, it goes into dealer stock and you lose your place in line. Not a big deal for the Tremor guys, but for the Bronco, it may set you back a very long time....6 months maybe, judging by their delivery statements at this point.

This is just what I can recall from those guys and may be way off base regarding the Bronco...
The Ranger was setup like that to. Once your vehicle is scheduled to be built you get a blend date. A week a Ranger was scheduled to be built in my case. Then it lets you know when it's complete. Waiting shipment by rail care. In route. Then delivered. Usually that takes about 6 weeks depending how far away you live from Dearborn.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Ranger was setup like that to. Once your vehicle is scheduled to be built you get a blend date. A week a Ranger was scheduled to be built in my case. Then it lets you know when it's complete. Waiting shipment by rail care. In route. Then delivered. Usually that takes about 6 weeks depending how far away you live from Dearborn.
Same with my 2016 fusion. Came across from mexico and was finished in the US

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's an interesting point about the orders still going through as dealer stock too... I was hoping that all the people that reserved 2+ with the intention of deciding later would end up dropping the actual # of orders in December and shortening the line.
Those going through to dealer stock will be the one's a customer changes their mind after placing the order. The "line" will get shorter because customers will only use 1 of their reservations and the other one will simply be canceled and gone.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will be notified directly from Ford when it’s your time to place the order and will be given a deadline to do so. The orders will be made by you, online through the Ford website. You’ll go in with your log-in info.
The Bronco is the first vehicle that Ford will use this process. You will not need to go to any dealer. If you do, all they’re going to do is let you log on to your Ford account and assist you with making your choices if needed.
The dealerships are not really involved at all in the reservation and ordering process for the Bronco.
Ford is trying a new take on reserving and ordering. Hopefully it works out. This seems like it would be better and easier for most consumers. Maybe even the dealership too?
The attachment is where the status of your reservation and order can be tracked. This is located in your Ford personal account. You won’t need a dealer to see when your order will be delivered, unless their website isn’t updated timely or it’s having some glitches.

A50FD451-B9E3-4524-8D6F-5AFFF8707CA4.jpeg
I love it. It’s gonna be like ordering a pizza from Dominos. “In the oven”

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if people are selling their first edition reservations why not everyone else ya know?
How many reservations can I make and can I transfer my reservation?

Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you and cannot be transferred. *

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many reservations can I make and can I transfer my reservation?

Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you and cannot be transferred. *
can’t you just give someone your account info..?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sounds great but how do you “negotiate” any pricing with your preferred dealer if they are left out of the loop in the ordering process?
Just curious
You can still negotiate when the vehicle arrives. Things like interest rates, trade value, offers from Ford etc can change it 6 months, so hard to get a firm price that far in advance.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
can’t you just give someone your account info..?
When you log into ford.com, its going to pull up the reservation under the name the account is set up in.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You will be notified directly from Ford when it’s your time to place the order and will be given a deadline to do so. The orders will be made by you, online through the Ford website. You’ll go in with your log-in info.
The Bronco is the first vehicle that Ford will use this process. You will not need to go to any dealer. If you do, all they’re going to do is let you log on to your Ford account and assist you with making your choices if needed.
The dealerships are not really involved at all in the reservation and ordering process for the Bronco.
Ford is trying a new take on reserving and ordering. Hopefully it works out. This seems like it would be better and easier for most consumers. Maybe even the dealership too?
The attachment is where the status of your reservation and order can be tracked. This is located in your Ford personal account. You won’t need a dealer to see when your order will be delivered, unless their website isn’t updated timely or it’s having some glitches.

Wow, this has me worried. So far dealing with the Ford site has been a mess. They still have me down as having two vehicles reserved but only one reservation... reserve date is incorrect... Yeah, hopefully it works out...

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, this sounds very interesting but I do have mixed feelings about this scenario. What you describe answers a few questions I had from poking around in the Ford site, but the all new personal ordering online sounds like a big step.
Where did you specifically learn that we would do our own order online? Thanks,

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The customer will not be ordering the Bronco from Ford...

You will be able to configure the Bronco but it has to go into the WBDO at your chosen dealership to actually get ordered...

You do not have to go to the dealership as we will handle distance buyers via email.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, this sounds very interesting but I do have mixed feelings about this scenario. What you describe answers a few questions I had from poking around in the Ford site, but the all new personal ordering online sounds like a big step.
Where did you specifically learn that we would do our own order online? Thanks,
You cannot order the vehicle only dealerships can place orders with Ford..

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The customer will not be ordering the Bronco from Ford...

You will be able to configure the Bronco but it has to go into the WBDO at your chosen dealership to actually get ordered...

You do not have to go to the dealership as we will handle distance buyers via email.
I understand what Ford is attempting to accomplish. I suspect both Ford and the dealerships would like to work with buyers who clearly understands what they want. The evolution is also timely in our pandemic world where some buyers may not want to set foot inside a dealership building.

Back in 2015 when I ordered my F150 the entire process was accomplished remotely. The dealer placed the order into the system, but I selected each option and verified the process by reviewing each option code selected. I sensed the salesperson appreciated my involvement and thoroughness. My F150 was delivered to my home to address a multistate process and the elimination of sales tax. My truck exceeded my expectations and the personnel at the dealership, who I never met, were very understanding at a time when the process I requested was atypical.

Our Forum is chock full of capable members. I suspect we will meet the challenge of an evolving process and continue to seek guidance from each other. It is exactly the process I was seeking.
Sponsored