Sponsored

Will Wildtrak be adequate for moderate Colorado passes?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has wheeled her ‘18 grand cherokee trailhawk on Ophir, Black Bear, Imogene, Engineer, Cinnamon and couple others. Ive also wheeled my truck on all those. The WT bronco will be perfectly capable for those trails.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The video's of several Bronco's doing the Rubicon and MOAB with Sasquatch and the manual one I believe was a Badlands with upgraded rims on 33's. With many reviews of the Rubicon leaving it around the high water mark of difficulty that would leave me to believe a Squatched Bronco can like said go about 99% of the places you could go. Probably far more capable than the avg driver.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any Bronco trim can do what any other Trim can do. The only difference being that if you are doing serious Rock crawling, you'll want the Disconnect.

Of course this is assuming your trim has a locker(s)

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A Wildtrak will be more capable than any stock Jeep built today except a Rubicon (which has a solid front axle with sway bar disconnect - articulation is hard for an independent front suspension to match and dual lockers). I'd also contend that a Badlands really isn't much more capable than a Wildtrak until I actually see what sort of impact the disconnecting swaybar has in real life - they are both limited by that IFS and I'd want to see them both on the same trail.

Personally, I don't really care about the disconnect because of the dual lockers - this is what really matters until you're REALLY challenging the vehicle (search YouTube for broncos on the Rubicon trail).

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah a Jeep rolled off black bear a couple weeks ago when we were in Ouray. Yikes
Dude that Jeep looked like it had been through a car crusher. Scary shit. Guy forgot to put on ebrake I think I read

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy and I did imogene a few months ago and he made it in this beast and I took an 06 H3 Hummer with the Adventure package.... So to answer your question Yes Wildtrack and Badlands Bronco more than capable....
Ford Bronco Will Wildtrak be adequate for moderate Colorado passes? 1604154530157

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I was 10 I rode Imogene on a KX80. At about 10,000 I ran out of power and a 91 Subaru wagon filled with blue hair octogenarians puttered past me smiling and waving.
So any Bronco with a competent and smart driver can do that pass.
Even with those stock street tires on Base and BB?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moderate passes like Imogene and Ophir... will wildtrak be adequate out of the box or is badlands more appropriate? I’ve never done either.
More than adequate.

I've been watching videos of people driving that area. The Bronco is more capable than the Toyotas that were driving along that trail.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude that Jeep looked like it had been through a car crusher. Scary shit. Guy forgot to put on ebrake I think I read
And didn't turn his wheels the right way. Basic driving rules.

Whether the ebrake failed or wasn't engaged, the Jeep should have put itself into the side of the mountain.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah a Jeep rolled off black bear a couple weeks ago when we were in Ouray. Yikes
There's a video of that Jeep rolling down.

Shabakuza

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STi // 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The WT Is missing a SBD and a crawler gear compared to the BL and you won’t need either. Get a SBD aftermarket Like I will. No need for a crawler gear even for hardcore crawling. Obviously it will make it easier but you certainly don’t need it.
Sponsored