Sponsored

Will Wildtrak be adequate for moderate Colorado passes?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This maybe a large generalization but I would say that most Colorado passes/trails are not too difficult in a stock 4wd anything. You can take offshoots off the trails to up the difficulty level.

Colorado trails are known for the beautiful views and at times.....extreme drop offs. Red Cone comes to mind. ;)
Sponsored

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of the colorado trails are easy to do, with lots of shelf roads, drop offs, vertigo inducing, with any vehicle with some ground clearance. Plus the more difficult sections usually have bypasses. There are some trails that are hard though like holy cross, carnage canyon, die trying, middle middle ect.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Right in front of another Jeep. Crazy they missed it by probably a few seconds.
I would have soiledmy pants if that jeep rolled in front of me.

I wonder if there is going to be an investigation on that jeep as to why it slipped.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This maybe a large generalization but I would say that most Colorado passes/trails are not too difficult in a stock 4wd anything. You can take offshoots off the trails to up the difficulty level.

Colorado trails are known for the beautiful views and at times.....extreme drop offs. Red Cone comes to mind. ;)
Most...but definitely not all. I've been up Hermit Pass and Lake Como Road - as a passenger, not a driver, in an F150 and a Jeep - and I wouldn't recommend either for most 4x4s.

But if anyone does it in their pristine First Edition, please be sure to post the video.

Lake Como Road

Last edited:

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most...but definitely not all. I've been up Hermit Pass and Lake Como Road - as a passenger, not a driver, in an F150 and a Jeep - and I wouldn't recommend either for most 4x4s.

But if anyone does it in their pristine First Edition, please be sure to post the video.

Lake Como Road
That's the one 14er trailhead I am unwilling to give a shot in anything other than an ATV. Jaws 2? No thanks.

Chris

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the one 14er trailhead I am unwilling to give a shot in anything other than an ATV. Jaws 2? No thanks.

Chris
Agree. Truth be told, we parked at Jaws 1 in the Jeep. The guy driving had taken it all the way up before with a group but since we were alone, he didn't want to chance it in case we got into trouble and needed help.

I've hiked it all the way up four times to do the 14ers up there (took two tries to get Little Bear). I hate that frigging trail, even on foot. Would love to repeat the Southwest Ridge on Ellingwood, and if the Bronco can get me as far as Jaws 1, I'll be a happy camper - and climber.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, as a Black diamond model will be plenty for all the well known trails. Most difficult one would be Poughkeepsie. I've done them all in area other than the switchbacks of black bear (freak blizzard) in a rear locked 2nd gen Xterra on 33's which I am equating to a Black Diamond model.

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

you're so right...beautiful views (IMOGENE)
Ford Bronco Will Wildtrak be adequate for moderate Colorado passes? 1604164726671
Sponsored