Sponsored

Will yakima canoe carrier (keelover) and rod mount (reeldeal) fit together with factory rails + yakima HD cross bars?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping someone already tried this before i spend ~$1,000 to find out on my own if you can have the reeldeal rod mount, keelover canoe gunwale carriers, and yakima bar all up on your roof rails without intereference between the rods and the yakima HD bars.

I have the rod mount up there now and its great. Recently bought a canoe and it also fits up on the rack, but cannot load up the rod holder.
The yakima HD bar mounts to the roof rails, basically giving you cross bars several inches higher than the factory ones. Then the keelover canoe mounts can go on that lifting your canoe up above the rod holder, or at least, just barely.

Yakima support said it might work, but they dont give out dimensions or will load up the 3d models and check the assembly for us.

what would be super helpful, is if anyone with the yakima HD cross bar kit from the ford store could measure the height space between the factory cross bars and the bottom side of the yakima bars. Im wondering if when the rod mount is loaded with rods, will they clear the yakima bar or be blocked by them?

The picture i could find online shows the rod mounts on a yakima bar, but mine are on the factory rails (highlighted).
Ford Bronco Will yakima canoe carrier (keelover) and rod mount (reeldeal) fit together with factory rails + yakima HD cross bars? 1684237288123

Ford Bronco Will yakima canoe carrier (keelover) and rod mount (reeldeal) fit together with factory rails + yakima HD cross bars? 1684237488306

Ford Bronco Will yakima canoe carrier (keelover) and rod mount (reeldeal) fit together with factory rails + yakima HD cross bars? 1684237572483

each part has a vague overall dimension but not enough info to know if the rods will clear above/below the bar or be blocked by it.

Also, if there was a spacer to get the yakima bar a few inches higher, if needed, that would be great but yakima support didnt offer a solution on that.
Sponsored

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do those rod racks wrap around onto the OEM cross member bar itself without the extra cross bar? Thanks

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do those rod racks wrap around onto the OEM cross member bar itself without the extra cross bar? Thanks
Yes they do. If you have the factory rails + cross bars, you dont need the yakima cross bars for any of their mounting products. I bought the yakima bars to have a 2nd level of crossbars higher up than the factory so i can carry both my 17' canoe and up to 8 fishing rods.

Bluedoggie

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Big Bend, 22 Volvo xc60
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks ! Great idea with the canoe, I might have to do the same,did it work?

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks ! Great idea with the canoe, I might have to do the same,did it work?
havent had free time to do it yet, spend my entire evenings after work with my toddler daughter then cleaning up till after midnight. rinse and repeat. i might get the opportunity to try this weekend. When i do, i will come back to this thread (and another i created specifically about this issue) and update with pictures.
Sponsored