Sponsored

Will You Be Able to "Forgive and Forget"?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Holding a grudge because a company is shitty doesn’t make sense to you?

How the hell else does the consumer have any control over multi billion dollar corporations other than holding them accountable when they show egregious behaviour or anti customer practices?
Holding a company accountable is different then holding a grudge
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drive, ride…. I’ll tell y’all more on Monday!!!
You did more than drive and ride? 🤔 You peed on the floor to see if the drain holes work, didn’t you? :LOL:

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford, yes. they're just trying to build a product, and they're not actively doing this fuckery to 'me'

Dealerships? Absolutely not. between the constant miscommunication, the Priority Builds they insisted they had to have to be able to stay relevant and play favorites with the GM's cousin, the inevitable threats of warranty voiding because someone went off-roading (it'll happen, guaranteed), the inconsistency in build codes from one dealer to the next, and 'Dealer Market Adjustment'.

Fuck dealerships. let their antiquated business model die in a fire.

Lai

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 F100, '70 F250, '08 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing Ford has manufactured after 1970 has interested me but this Bronco. I have nothing to forgive as I don't have my Bronco.
As far as forgetting, I'll probably wait until the next car I want is available to buy instead of stalking a forum, but Ford isn't necessarily to blame for that. Most likely, I'll meet some Bronco owners near me and we'll reminisce about these days while downing beers and gushing over our sweet baby Broncos!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgiving implies a personal relationship and grievance. Ford continues to make business decisions based on financial reasoning, there is nothing personal, they don't give a crap about me and I reciprocate in kind.

I personally don't care to have a company choose to treat my business as they have, but I do not begrudge them the right to run that business as they see fit. It may get better as the process continues, although they keep finding new and exotic ways to disappoint when you think it can't get any worse...

Perhaps they go a step too far and I walk, who knows what the future might bring? As to forgetting; only an idiot would not use previous hard earned information and actions that display a company's culture in future consideration for repeat business. In the absence of improved competition before my Bronco keys are in my hand, I expect to stick around to purchase one, however Ford's other offerings have robust competition and I would currently be disinclined to enter in a transaction for any of Ford's other vehicles based on the totality of my experience to date. Short version is that The Bronco doesn't have meaningful competition at this time and it tempers my desire to get a substitute vehicle.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll never understand the entitlement people have with Ford and the bronco. Like are some folks going to get their bronco and be like this is just terrible! It’s AMAZING BUT NEVER AGAIN FORD like ron burgundy when he’s supposed to be criticizing Veronica corningstone…

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgiving implies a personal relationship and grievance. Ford continues to make business decisions based on financial reasoning, there is nothing personal, they don't give a crap about me and I reciprocate in kind.

I personally don't care to have a company choose to treat my business as they have, but I do not begrudge them the right to run that business as they see fit. It may get better as the process continues, although they keep finding new and exotic ways to disappoint when you think it can't get any worse...

Perhaps they go a step too far and I walk, who knows what the future might bring? As to forgetting; only an idiot would not use previous hard earned information and actions that display a company's culture in future consideration for repeat business. In the absence of improved competition before my Bronco keys are in my hand, I expect to stick around to purchase one, however Ford's other offerings have robust competition and I would currently be disinclined to enter in a transaction for any of Ford's other vehicles based on the totality of my experience to date. Short version is that The Bronco doesn't have meaningful competition at this time and it tempers my desire to get a substitute vehicle.
Give us the long version

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a new customer to Ford, I honestly don’t know.

I think it’s fair to say some of that will disappear, even when I just get a build week/VIN assigned. However, I won’t forget this - And I’m taking out the whole “pandemic” reasoning for parts constraints, etc. The communication has been horrendous. Both from Ford and the dealership. I doubt I will step foot in one of their service centres or parts departments, unless it’s for a warranty issue (knock on wood).

I hope the Bronco blows me away and it’s a fantastic vehicle, which I’m expecting it to be and I am more than excited for it to arrive. But there’s a lot of bridge burned by Ford thus far, and it’ll take some time and effort on their part to repair that.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If somebody was giving me $50,000 for a product, you better believe I would be giving them every update that I can and calling them at night and on the weekends to double check if there was anything else I could do for them. Luckily, my dealership has my opinion about customer service and has treated me well and communicates with me frequently. I sometimes apologize to them about always wanting more information and they said, “Don’t be sorry, you’re buying a $50,000 vehicle. You have every right to ask for updates.” :)
Keyword A product not several. Hundred.Thousand. With international supply issues and the ghost of Covid past but yeah

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems we have complete control over whether we’re pissed off or not... haven’t really experienced a time where being pissed off actually benefited me much... so I do my best at avoiding such behavior.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
🤐