Sponsored

Will You Be Able to "Forgive and Forget"?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The people who say they won't care/will forget it all when they have their Bronco sound like drug addicts after a hit or people in co-dependent relationships that just can't walk away....

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't really get what there is to forgive? The manufacturing world has been in chaos for the better part of the last year. Ford still managed to get the line rolling within the window they projected when the Bronco was announced back in July 2020. Now can they build every single configuration to fit every order on demand? No, but they are filling orders.

I don't really fault Ford's communication much either. Once they put out an official document it becomes gospel. Working in manufacturing I can tell you that the supply side changes on a daily basis. Sometimes many times a day. I'd be hesitant to put anything in writing knowing it would be scrutinized to umpteenth degree until I had a solid grasp on where things were trending as well.

Our instant access world we live in has made us spoiled. We expect everything right now. Sometimes that isn't possible. Issues with launches aren't all that uncommon even in the best of times. We just never knew every groady detail as to why before the age of the internet.
I think your assessment is pretty spot on, but I would take issue with some things Ford has done that has pissed some folks off (including me) and from a fairness, integrity, and clarity perspective they should not get a pass.

We’re all aware of the COVID issues and the commodity constraint complications that have arisen do to that complication……and I should point out that vehicle builds are small factor when compared to the human suffering that has occurred, and is still occurring. But, priority orders had nothing to do with COVID, and neither did VIP orders and allocations, those business decisions were made to benefit Ford and dealerships and came at the expense of early reservation holders. Those decisions effectively bumped several thousand people to 2022. Those early reservation holders were told of a process, placed their faith in that process and were either lied to or discounted.

What is going on now is still a betrayal of the early reservation holders. Under the guise of commodity constraints, Ford has completely discarded any notion of fairness when it comes to build scheduling.

Most people think that when an early reservation holder gets passed up it’s because the parts weren’t available to build his bronco do to constraints……not a “clean” build is the logic. This is not true. A computer has been programmed to build the most Broncos it can, with the parts estimated to be available during a given week.

So, hypothetically let’s agree that my timestamp puts me next in line. My build is a 2dr, BL, Sas, MiC, Lux, 2.7. Instead of using all of those parts to build my bronco, because I’m next in line, according to rules Ford outlined, they did this instead….they took my MIC top and finished a BB, then took the Sas pkg and completed a Base soft top, with Sas, then they used the Lux to build a stock BL with a soft top, and the same for my 2.7. So instead of honoring their word and their process, they chose $ over integrity and built 4 late reservation holders Broncos instead of my single bronco. Good for Fords bottom line, good for the guys that didn’t expect their builds until 2022, good for the dealerships that sold them…….but bad for me.

I’m accepting of these business decisions, because what else can I do? But myself and others in my situation can’t ignore what’s going on or be happy about it.

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If somebody was giving me $50,000 for a product, you better believe I would be giving them every update that I can and calling them at night and on the weekends to double check if there was anything else I could do for them. Luckily, my dealership has my opinion about customer service and has treated me well and communicates with me frequently. I sometimes apologize to them about always wanting more information and they said, “Don’t be sorry, you’re buying a $50,000 vehicle. You have every right to ask for updates.” :)
I for one would never run around and desert you.

But then again, I also don't think ford owes me Jack and/or Squat in terms of individual status updates, staffing updates, commodity shipping info or anything else. I'm a customer. I'm buying a vehicle from them which is my personal choice, that's it, that's where the relationship is.

They are not my best friend, i'm one of millions of human beings on Earth buying a product from them. They don't owe me anything except a product when they are ready/willing to make it to take my money. It's a transaction.
My expectations are higher and feel people should hold companies accountable. If you set the bar low, you'll always have mediocrity. Ford set my expectations by offering a pre-order process and giving me access to a progress tracker. Clear communications and a proper status update is not an unreasonable ask.

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Learned my lesson, I probably won't order another vehicle, but will certainly buy off the lot if the world ever gets back to normal.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to think if I've had a worse experience....that didn't take long. NO. Not ever. Even my dealer says they've never experienced a blackout like this. So there it is.

I will not forget. And it's not how it works in ordering vehicles. I've ordered others, and while it can get quiet at times....I can remember when my Toyota van was delayed, even tho' I could see it on the railyard lot!! Turns out it was damaged in transit, so it couldn't actually enter the US until repair parts came...from Japan!! The dealer had no idea.

But that's nothing like this. And this is a day when they know our vins, emails, and exactly what our truck is waiting for, but refuse to tell. And black out anything that begins to sniff of information.

Madman

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 1948 Willys CJ2A, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First world problems....you have a place to live, income, and food in your stomach......there has definitely been inconveniences, but there are tons of people in the world who would give anything to have the security and blessing we have....we should not lose sight of that and be thankful....perhaps these views will help folks just relax a bit, or at least I hope so

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My expectations are higher and feel people should hold companies accountable. If you set the bar low, you'll always have mediocrity. Ford set my expectations by offering a pre-order process and giving me access to a progress tracker. Clear communications and a proper status update is not an unreasonable ask.
So to confirm, you no longer have a progress tracker and they have removed the 24/7/365 dedicated Bronco customer service team that can be reached, free of charge, at 800-334-4375 who will patiently go over any Bronco questions (including ordering, reservations or product questions)?

This is news to me!

I had just called them last week for an update and searching for a VIN. They answered every question I had and gave me pleasant customer service and answered any question I had, even if that answer is "i'm sorry I can't speculate on that".

Bummer. I'm sad to hear that they have shut down the entire group. When/how did you find out about this?

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I can't believe I started this thread!!!!

I forgave and forgot on day one! LOL!!

Sponsored

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all the miscommunications (or rather, lack thereof), scheduling delays, weird build constraints, etc...
Once you have your Bronco will all this just fade away to soon be forgotten?

I sure hope so...Based on what I see posted here....I'm afraid there will be some PTSD.
I'd be pissed off if I were u too, cause I heard that this is all a vendetta against you, and unfortunately the rest of us got caught up in it.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what I've read from others who have received their reserved Bronco's that its worth the wait, I'll certainly forgive. Now if the 2.7 engine blows the gloves come on......

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the miscommunications (or rather, lack thereof), scheduling delays, weird build constraints, etc...
Once you have your Bronco will all this just fade away to soon be forgotten?

I sure hope so...Based on what I see posted here....I'm afraid there will be some PTSD.
I can’t quite believe it’s here. Still needs a repair to the chipped paint. :/ Perfect would be easier I think.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I've read from others who have received their reserved Bronco's that its worth the wait, I'll certainly forgive. Now if the 2.7 engine blows the gloves come on......
This. If my 2.7 (when I receive it) grenades, I’m far too vindictive to think I’d ever buy another Ford.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered mine right away Day 1, changed it once for hard top and tow stuff, and waited until Oct 11 this year and picked it up. The wait sucked, but no bs from my dealer, no delays from Ford, it just went through, even though it took a long time.
Sponsored