Sponsored

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

• Total voters

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks can't really vote until you define what 'off-road' means to you. Most of the videos I see from normal users on here I would classify as 'off-pavement', not 'off-road' and I do own a Subaru.

If I drive it in an field with grasses under a foot high (Subaru sees that on some projects all day long, six days a week, for months at a time) it is off pavement in my opinion, if I cross a barely damp creek bed (that is not a normal path for any other cars/trucks), then it rises to off road use. Pretty much if I can walk the area without fear of breaking an ankle or getting a boot sucked off from the mud, it isn't off-road to me, but other folks might see it differently and call my off pavement driving off roading. In any event, even by my definition , yep, it will see off-roading. If your definition of off roading is a surface where pitch or roll is over 30 degrees and not on a trail, then no, I don't see myself off roading by that definition.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did plan on taking it to Silver Lake sand dunes in MI every so often and maybe some minor trails. However, after attending the Moab Off Roadeo I feel way more confident in what they can do stock with Sasquatch package and feel comfortable taking on more off road trails in the future than originally planned.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope , just going to local Kroger and get some beer and wine
Park next to any Jeep that are there
But I did sleep at a holiday inn last night
Not buying mine to off road
Buying it cause I want a 2 door like the last ones I have owned (they’re just too cool)
This will be my third Bronco in life and I’m taking care of it

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, the tie rods will snap and it doesn't have a solid front axle.

:LOL:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Folks can't really vote until you define what 'off-road' means to you. Most of the videos I see from normal users on here I would classify as 'off-pavement', not 'off-road' and I do own a Subaru.

If I drive it in an field with grasses under a foot high (Subaru sees that on some projects all day long, six days a week, for months at a time) it is off pavement in my opinion, if I cross a barely damp creek bed (that is not a normal path for any other cars/trucks), then it rises to off road use. Pretty much if I can walk the area without fear of breaking an ankle or getting a boot sucked off from the mud, it isn't off-road to me, but other folks might see it differently and call my off pavement driving off roading. In any event, even by my definition , yep, it will see off-roading. If your definition of off roading is a surface where pitch or roll is over 30 degrees and not on a trail, then no, I don't see myself off roading by that definition.
I marked "off-road" but off-pavement describes my use. Fire roads, dirt mountain pass, Carolina beaches...this sort of use.

I have zero interest in off-roading or rock crawling as an activity or sport. Kinda like having a fast car that never sees the track, I don't feel I have to do the thing because I have the thing. I also don't want to spend the money to do it well or fix what breaks.

I do want to do parts of the Trans American Trail, that will likely be the top end of my off-roading use

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My highest level of interest in off roading would probably be described by most as beginner trails. I've heard that's how the bug gets ya, but I can't predict the future. Not to mention the state I live in has only two state parks you can drive around on (one is a beach) and neither allows overnight camping. So even if I develop the interest in more, the commitment of a road trip every time will probably keep me away.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The gym I go to has a gravel parking lot.

Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like exploring. And I like hiking and fishing. Thinking about taking up some hunting. I want to be able to go deep into the woods with confidence. I want to be able to veer off a well worn path and take a route that’s not necessarily a “road” and see where it goes without being overly concerned.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**
Going vertical first chance I get. On base tires. With a beer in my left hand. I will make a Drexometer so I will know exactly how off-road I am and give it the voice of C-3po. When I see a herd of mountain goats I will follow them home and become one with the herd.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine will get used on sandy beaches and occasional forest trails in VT and NH. I won’t really be pushing the Badlands to its limits. In reality I would be just fine with a base and some 265/75R16 tires, but I would prefer to have at least a rear locker. If I still lived in AZ it would be used as a rock crawler, which was the plan when I placed my reservation while still in AZ.

tphigh2001

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500, Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grew up in the woods and mud, but that was a lifetime ago so I wanted to see what the bronco could do and went to off rodeo for that specific reason: what can I comfortably get into on my own. Rock crawling is way more fun and exciting than I ever thought it would be.
Day I got back I called a good friend who does a lot of it in a jeep club and told him I wanted in lol. So I am hoping to go from off pavement to extreme as I learn.
I have no qualms about taking my brand new badlands off-road .

I got my VIN 3 days before I went and was very happy with my build, alot of people were saying man I wish I had come here first!
Sponsored