Sponsored

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

• Total voters

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, should I end up with a Bronco my "off-road" time will be on beaches, fire/park trails and the occasional median jumping on divided roads. My wife's Outback could handle all that just as easily. Hell, my current FWD Escape can do it. The Bronco is on my list because: 1)Love the look. 2)Love the removable roof and doors. 3)Had bad experiences with Jeeps. That's about it, and my practical side is honestly telling me not to get one. But I WANT one!
Same!
Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Already trying to find solid CO trails for snow wheeling in January when I (hopefully 🤞🏻) take delivery towards the end of the year.

When I bought my Xterra 5 years ago it was with the intent of becoming a big CO off road person, then on our inaugural road trip with it - after having done the 100k maintenance like spark plugs and a new timing belt - it broke down and left us stranded on the side of highway 50 due to the tensioner bolt breaking and bits winding up in the engine block 🤬 So I lost my confidence big time.

Flash forward to now, post Bronco announcement and falling absolutely in love with them, the itch to see my vision come to fruition is back. I can only justify the cost of the Bronco if I'm really serious about pushing it on the trails here, so I sucked it up and started annoying my Jeep pals to go run some with me this past season. Turns out I love doing it, and my experienced buddies have been pretty impressed with my newbie skills so far. My mom grew up riding tractors around their farm in the San Luis Valley and traipsing around the mountains in southwest CO, and my dad was a car guy once upon a time, so according to her "it's in my blood" 🤷‍♀️

So far I've only been hitting easy moderate/mid moderate stuff but it's been an absolute blast. It's amazing to be able to get to some slightly less crowded but beautiful dispersed camp sites.

My Bronco is going to be a big enabler for this: more space for our 80lb pup, gear, my 6'5" husband actually has leg room in it (even in the backseat! The Bronco nation staff at Super Cel West kept coming over to look at the giant man that could fit back there) so he can be more comfortable as a passenger and maybe even start driving off-road sometimes too.

Not expecting to be doing crazy extreme rock crawling with my BL, but definitely wanting to work up to be able to do hard moderate/difficult trails in the next year or so - Wheeler Lake, Caribou Creek, Black bear, etc

Anyway here's a pic of my dog because I mentioned him

0904171135b.jpg
There's something special about a dog that loves to go wheeling with you! River hopes he'll see you'all on the trail someday....
Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? River Sept 11, 2020 Shnebly Hill

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Railroad tracks and right of ways

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine will go off road, hunting, fishing and some hard trail use. By that I mean a combination of trail and rock crawling

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**

Sponsored

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope , just going to local Kroger and get some beer and wine
Park next to any Jeep that are there
But I did sleep at a holiday inn last night
Not buying mine to off road
Buying it cause I want a 2 door like the last ones I have owned (they’re just too cool)
This will be my third Bronco in life and I’m taking care of it
The more I drive it, currently 153 miles, the less I want to thrash/offroad it! See photos...really digging this rig and so few have one. For now its a showpiece! Cant a thrash a limited run like rapid red.

20211003_185227.jpg

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So far, 82% said yes?

Impressive and all but probably closer to 70%.....the gravel driveway at the farm where you take the kids pumpkin picking doesn't count. lol

Sponsored

brosdom

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes but nothing intensive. Just some trail exploring.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The more I drive it, currently 153 miles, the less I want to thrash/offroad it! See photos...really digging this rig and so few have one. For now its a showpiece! Cant a thrash a limited run like rapid red.

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? 20211003_185227
What step rail is that? Double as rock slider?? Looks great!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We are planning a trip out West for next fall to do a little wheeling. The trip will be to Moab, but I am looking for suggestions for other places to visit with some beautiful scenery and nice trails to ride in Colorado and Arizona.
Sedona is a must see.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**
Did you get your Bronco yet LilJ?
Sponsored