Sponsored

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

Will you be taking your Bronco off road?

• Total voters

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, should I end up with a Bronco my "off-road" time will be on beaches, fire/park trails and the occasional median jumping on divided roads. My wife's Outback could handle all that just as easily. Hell, my current FWD Escape can do it. The Bronco is on my list because: 1)Love the look. 2)Love the removable roof and doors. 3)Had bad experiences with Jeeps. That's about it, and my practical side is honestly telling me not to get one. But I WANT one!

Edited: To be clear, I answered "No" to the poll. At least until I attend an Off-Roadeo and get bit by the bug.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**
I wanted to chose yes, but I also have a Subaru. Well my wife’s Subaru. The poll is too hard lol

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, yes, yes. Being a newbie to off roading I went to the Bronco off roadeo in Nevada this weekend not knowing what I know now. Seeing and experiencing what this beast is capable of this weekend, it would be a travesty NOT taking into the wild!

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Already trying to find solid CO trails for snow wheeling in January when I (hopefully 🤞🏻) take delivery towards the end of the year.

When I bought my Xterra 5 years ago it was with the intent of becoming a big CO off road person, then on our inaugural road trip with it - after having done the 100k maintenance like spark plugs and a new timing belt - it broke down and left us stranded on the side of highway 50 due to the tensioner bolt breaking and bits winding up in the engine block 🤬 So I lost my confidence big time.

Flash forward to now, post Bronco announcement and falling absolutely in love with them, the itch to see my vision come to fruition is back. I can only justify the cost of the Bronco if I'm really serious about pushing it on the trails here, so I sucked it up and started annoying my Jeep pals to go run some with me this past season. Turns out I love doing it, and my experienced buddies have been pretty impressed with my newbie skills so far. My mom grew up riding tractors around their farm in the San Luis Valley and traipsing around the mountains in southwest CO, and my dad was a car guy once upon a time, so according to her "it's in my blood" 🤷‍♀️

So far I've only been hitting easy moderate/mid moderate stuff but it's been an absolute blast. It's amazing to be able to get to some slightly less crowded but beautiful dispersed camp sites.

My Bronco is going to be a big enabler for this: more space for our 80lb pup, gear, my 6'5" husband actually has leg room in it (even in the backseat! The Bronco nation staff at Super Cel West kept coming over to look at the giant man that could fit back there) so he can be more comfortable as a passenger and maybe even start driving off-road sometimes too.

Not expecting to be doing crazy extreme rock crawling with my BL, but definitely wanting to work up to be able to do hard moderate/difficult trails in the next year or so - Wheeler Lake, Caribou Creek, Black bear, etc

Anyway here's a pic of my dog because I mentioned him

0904171135b.jpg

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I chose "beer".

I will be taking it from Atlanta down to Country Roads and beaches in Wakula County, Florida where we'll be farming oysters.
Camp sites, forest roads, etc.
This will be my daily driver that I got to be a "convertible" adventure truck. Fun for road trips, etc. I'll be going off pavement for sure. Not a rock crawler though. Just some swamping, fishing, etc. Still getting the Sasquatch package because the stance is just right imo.

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why or why not? Going over curbs at the mall and Starbucks does not count. And yes another poll from the ground hog. 😁

**the last one should say “needs more cup holders.”**
…what if there is dirt between curbs and rocks … perhaps even some shrubbery…? Then… will it count?

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Already trying to find solid CO trails for snow wheeling in January when I (hopefully 🤞🏻) take delivery towards the end of the year.

When I bought my Xterra 5 years ago it was with the intent of becoming a big CO off road person, then on our inaugural road trip with it - after having done the 100k maintenance like spark plugs and a new timing belt - it broke down and left us stranded on the side of highway 50 due to the tensioner bolt breaking and bits winding up in the engine block 🤬 So I lost my confidence big time.

Flash forward to now, post Bronco announcement and falling absolutely in love with them, the itch to see my vision come to fruition is back. I can only justify the cost of the Bronco if I'm really serious about pushing it on the trails here, so I sucked it up and started annoying my Jeep pals to go run some with me this past season. Turns out I love doing it, and my experienced buddies have been pretty impressed with my newbie skills so far. My mom grew up riding tractors around their farm in the San Luis Valley and traipsing around the mountains in southwest CO, and my dad was a car guy once upon a time, so according to her "it's in my blood" 🤷‍♀️

So far I've only been hitting easy moderate/mid moderate stuff but it's been an absolute blast. It's amazing to be able to get to some slightly less crowded but beautiful dispersed camp sites.

My Bronco is going to be a big enabler for this: more space for our 80lb pup, gear, my 6'5" husband actually has leg room in it (even in the backseat! The Bronco nation staff at Super Cel West kept coming over to look at the giant man that could fit back there) so he can be more comfortable as a passenger and maybe even start driving off-road sometimes too.

Not expecting to be doing crazy extreme rock crawling with my BL, but definitely wanting to work up to be able to do hard moderate/difficult trails in the next year or so - Wheeler Lake, Caribou Creek, Black bear, etc

Anyway here's a pic of my dog because I mentioned him

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? 0904171135b
Beautiful dog!

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted - but seriously how do you get to cool places without leaving the pavement?

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? IMG_1810

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? IMG_1822

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? IMG_1940

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? IMG_2089

Ford Bronco Will you be taking your Bronco off road? IMG_1986

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Plan to take it the same places I take my Jeep. Want it to be comfortable on rough dirt roads while exploring, want it to be fun hauling ass on dirt roads in the desert, and want it to handle whatever I see and decide I want to stick my nose into. And, I want it to be a nice driving modern daily driver, and good to tow behind the motorhome. Should work just fine.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I plan on getting dirty. That being said, there should be a mall parking lot photo contest. The only rules would have to include that parking your Bronco on mall landscaping would be grounds for disqualification (Rock crawling on the mall water feature would create press we don’t need.) Furthermore, no bonus points will be given to participants who park their Bronco on a mall parking lot snow accumulation pile. The photo will still be appreciated, but extra points would unfairly benefit those from cold snowy climates.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Northern rural dd and occasional offroader.

Not buying it for the gas mileage lol.