First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I find it hilarious when people try to pull this bullshit about "3% of sales"... it seems they never account for the fact that only 11% of cars made were even available with a manual, and when you consider that most of the ones that ARE offered in manual are sold in low volume, and then add in the fact that dealerships refuse to stock them, meaning they can ONLY be custom ordered...

It's not that people don't want manuals, its that manufacturers won't give them to us
you just proved my point. 11% of cars were made wit manuals yet only 3% Were sold. Meaning 8% weren’t Sold. And you can’t look at the best selling sports car in the world to compare to. I used a car In the same class. And odds are the new trans that’s Being made for the bronco will be used in over seas Rangers and trollers and the next gen base Mustang.

manuals have become pointless now. Autos are faster, more fuel efficient, smaller and more hybrid friendly. The only advantage for manuals is enthusiast and cost (but that’s offset due to volume)

all of the major high end sports cars are abandoning the manual. Just a matter of time till they are completely axed.
No, that's not AT ALL how statistics work

I'm both curious and bored, so I did some more research to expand on this...

Without accounting for individual trim levels (which would skew the numbers even more in favor of manuals), 2,824,685 of the cars sold were in a model that was available with a manual... 44 different models made had an available manual option. Only 9 of those models were high volume sellers (selling over 100k cars a year). 15 of them were extremely low volume sellers, selling less than 10k units... in fact, 2 of them were SO low volume that the manufacturers didn't even release sales figures. There were 17,047,725 cars sold in 2019, and assuming that 3% number is dead accurate (I can't find a source for that), that means 511,431 manual cars were sold in 2019. So even looking past the issue of dealership availability, that still means that about 20% of people who had the option chose a manual... meaning that if EVERY car were offered with a manual, there's a chance that 3,409,545 cars bought in 2019 would have been manuals.

Again, people want manuals, it's not our fault that manufacturers and dealerships won't give them to us. Manuals aren't pointless... no matter what you do with an auto, it won't have the level of driver engagement and pure fun of a manual
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Voted 4 door because it is a must for a family vehicle for me right now. I have a 1970 bronco sport 302, and I would love to have a 2 door to match it, but I need something to haul the family. I am glad they are making the 2 door though, and if I had unlimited cash I would own both!

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want the two door and always have. However, seeing how short the two door is going to be I might have to reconsider. The four door has a good wheel base for a four door. I want mine for long trips and if the two door is going to have only a bit more space then a two door Wrangler then that's just not enough space. I'll have to wait and see how much actual space the two has. Hopefully you can take the back seats out and it all lays flat.

I still put down two door as that's always been what I've wanted and am still 90% sure I will.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wut? The Wrangler has 2.0t with 270lbft and 3.6 with 260lbft both manuals on the Sport trim. And the manual in the Rubicon trim is the same trans as the sport. So I fail to see your point.
No.

The 2.0L produces 270hp and 295lbft of torque, which puts it outside the manual's capacity. This is the 'default' engine that FCA/Jeep requires dealers to predominantly order. Add in the diesel with 442lbft which is way outside the manual's range, as is the upcoming hybrid, and the majority of the offerings are incapable of safely being paired with the manual. Only their oldest, weakest engine in a vehicle that is heavier than ever works with it.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 door 97-100” WB
4 door 110-114” WB

tough to get SUPER accurate but gives you an idea.

ohhh I get your point. But why? Makes the back seats IMPOSSIBLE to access then.
Because Bronco's... IMHO... are suppose to be 2 door. I would also get it with rear seat delete. The extra wheelbase would make it more stable and add some to the towing capacity.... and most importantly... give me more cargo area and provide a bigger space to stretch out a bit and take a nap when I'm road tripping to my hunting and fishing spots.

Get the 4 door and shave the rear door handles. Then the rest of us will know what it would look like. LOL
Not sure that will happen

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, people want manuals, it's not our fault that manufacturers and dealerships won't give them to us. Manuals aren't pointless... no matter what you do with an auto, it won't have the level of driver engagement and pure fun of a manual
I would prefer a manual transmission myself. What I have found when looking at most manufacturers is that those that do offer manuals limit them to the lower trim levels and an automatic becomes a forced 'option' (talk about an oxymoron) if you want any creature comforts at all. I suspect the take rate on manuals would be much higher without that limitation. Sadly, emissions and safety gadgets favor things such as automatics, throttle by wire, and so on. God forbid I pick a gear and load that might pollute 0.2% more than some arbitrary standard. The manual transmission will eventually go away and if I am forced to take an automatic to get the strongest engine or higher trim level in a Bronco, I will have to think long and hard about which way to go. As to the 2/4 door question, depends on the size of the cargo area in the two door, will wait and see on that.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, that's not AT ALL how statistics work

I'm both curious and bored, so I did some more research to expand on this...

Without accounting for individual trim levels (which would skew the numbers even more in favor of manuals), 2,824,685 of the cars sold were in a model that was available with a manual... 44 different models made had an available manual option. Only 9 of those models were high volume sellers (selling over 100k cars a year). 15 of them were extremely low volume sellers, selling less than 10k units... in fact, 2 of them were SO low volume that the manufacturers didn't even release sales figures. There were 17,047,725 cars sold in 2019, and assuming that 3% number is dead accurate (I can't find a source for that), that means 511,431 manual cars were sold in 2019. So even looking past the issue of dealership availability, that still means that about 20% of people who had the option chose a manual... meaning that if EVERY car were offered with a manual, there's a chance that 3,409,545 cars bought in 2019 would have been manuals.

you are assuming that’s grandma in here Buick Suv is going to buy a manual. The take rate on manuals drops every year. Yes not EVERY model has a manual because no one was buying them.
Auto makers would LOVE to sell more manuals because they cost less. But because autos are better in every way people are buying them more meaning dealerships don’t want them.

my grandfather in law die hard corvette guy. Owned many manuals. But just got a new auto c7 because “it’s easier”

once again there is only 2 reasons why people buy manuals, cost and enthusiasts.
That’s why the cars with manuals are basic cars like a Ford Fiesta or a sports car like a focus RS and Mustang.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because Bronco's... IMHO... are suppose to be 2 door. I would also get it with rear seat delete. The extra wheelbase would make it more stable and add some to the towing capacity.... and most importantly... give me more cargo area and provide a bigger space to stretch out a bit and take a nap when I'm road tripping to my hunting and fishing spots.

I hear you on the “should be a 2 door” but getting anything into a back area with only 2 doors would be tough. Would be really cool tho.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel like a good middle ground that would be possible, but probably not plausible, would be an extended or half door model. Much like the FJ with small suicide doors.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like a good middle ground that would be possible, but probably not plausible, would be an extended or half door model. Much like the FJ with small suicide doors.
those doors are stupid tho. just like the RX8.
What about like the old Chevy trucks or Hyundai Voloster.
1 door on the driver side. 2 on passenger

Sponsored

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This. I don't see them developing a whole new trans with Getrag JUST for the base model, that would be a weird use of money. That's the main reason I'm fairly hopeful we'll see the manual at least on all the non-hybrid versions.

Give me my 2.7TT Manual trans 2dr Bronco Raptor!

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want the same thing as you! " Absolute Black Platinum Good luck

IV.f

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the two door had an access cab set up I would get it... but 4 door.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be getting a 4 door for various practical reasons and some performance. I must say however that before, I had not at all considered a 2 door, it was out of the question, but having seen this in the flesh now I have at least entertained the idea :)

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta get the 4 door, I've got 4 kids. I would really want the 2 door, but the 4 door is a necessity.
I think this thread points out why the 2 door SUV is dying. Many people here like the 2 door better, that's where my heart is. The 4 door just fits my life and family better.
Sponsored