Sponsored

Will you defer placing an order and ultimately delivery of your reserved Bronco is there is not a hybrid avail?

Will you defer your delivery of the new Bronco if the hybrid is not avail in December 2020?

• Total voters

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a Ford hybrid sedan that used a low HP battery for the first 35 miles. Engine kicked in after that. Transition point was unnoticable. Was great for a daily driver and I filled the tank about once a month. On trips, I turned off the battery power....
Not a green new deal kool-aid drinker by any stretch of the imagination. (quite the opposit) but it was really nice having that battery power in typical traffic stop and go commutes....as a daily driver. Having said that, once it was the weekend or traveling on a trip or offroad, I really enjoy having a high HP NA engine.

I saw the value in the hybrid (battery for low speed and daily commutes and NA engine for when you want it most) and I'm thinking about deferring my upcoming configuration/order planned for December 2020.... until a hybrid option is avail. Even if that means I lose my place in line (reservation). And even if that means I have to wait for a 2022 model....
Just curious if others have considered this.
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Hybrid Bronco would be really nice to have for those that commute and could make the Bronco sales number go even higher. With that said I have waited this long, I want it as soon as I can get it. Don’t even care if it doesn’t have an engine and I have to throw a Coyote in there I WANT IT NOW! Lol

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be nice, but it's not an option and anything in the future is uncertain. Will proceed as planned

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More interested in a Raptor version, if it is hybrid great. I would delay for a HIgh HP version.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the Lincoln Aviator is a reliable indicator, it'll cost about $15,000 more for the Hybrid option.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With gasoline prices very low and the increased cost for the hybrid not to mention additional wait time and possible teething issues it would be best to get the regular Bronco and consider the Hybrid/PHEV when it has been out for a couple or more years.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's entirely too early to tell

Sometimes the hybrid is the higher performance option
Other times the hybrid is garbage

I wouldn't let the anti prius crowd discourage you
Look at the RAV4 prime, that hybrid is much faster than the regular rav4.

Hybrid doesn't automatically mean eco weenie lame mobile

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to lease this Bronco for 2 or 3 years, then either get the Raptor Bronco or the hybrid if it is looking great.
I'm thinking of doing a three year lease too. So I have options to turn it in and go with a hybrid or raptor or whatever at that time. Not sure yet what I'll do, but considering it.

I actually am a new deal/green koolaid drinker and would like to do all I can to avoid making climate change any worse while still enjoying myself. With that said, I'm not waiting until a hybrid is out to get a Bronco. I'll just weigh my options when Ford finally brings that out.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to hold off but they said might not be till 2023 so. I'll stick with the 2.3L for a few years

OP
OP
tn3sport

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not that I could careless ... it's that I couldn't care less.
Carealess is the accepted term these days. But its slang....Then again, you just used a possession mark in the word "it"....while trying to police an internet forum....Yes. you are that guy...
Back to our normal viewing.....
Sponsored