Sponsored

Will your Bronco be your first manual vehicle?

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got some time in a '56 with three on the tree. Wish I could remember what was under the hood. I think it was a 265. That was a sweet ride unless you needed to stop quickly.
Sounds about right...small flathead six with an engine compartment you could climb in and work on anything.
Sponsored

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Current fleet
16 Tacoma
15 Golf TDI
07 FJ Cruiser
99 4Runner
76 Classic Mini

not a slush box to be found in any of them.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bros don't troll me too hard but I have never owned a manual. I wanted my first vehicle to be manual, but when I was 15 my grandpa passed away and I got his 1996 F150, which was an automatic. And it had hella transmission problems. After a few years I got a 2010 Mazda 3, which was automatic (had that stupid shifter you could throw into "manual-lite" mode and shift without a clutch) because I figured it was too late to learn.

I'm 29 now and I figure if I was able to learn to surf in the last year, I can figure out how to drive a manual and finally be the cool guy my 15 year old self wanted to be . . . just took 15 more years to get there lol
Never too late to learn and it will quickly become 2nd nature, even on hills and in heavy traffic. Manual will make it much more fun to drive!

Colt90

Badlands
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally with you. Been manual only for about 30 years with one brief dalliance with an auto. I hated it. I think I managed to keep it for almost 2 years before it had to go. What a miserable experience.

I was absolutely thrilled that the Bronco was going to offer it. I had basically conceded the Cybertruck as my next vehicle... then Ford came through. One last hoorah before the world forces me to retire my manual buying days.

EDIT: It's a little funny, strolling down memory lane here... remembering when I learned to drive a stick. It was my uncle's '87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. The irony? It was a 2.3L turbocharged Ford. So I guess I've come full circle. Of course, the EcoBoost has a bit more power :)

By the way, when did EB = Early Bronco. Does that predate the EcoBoost line of engines? Because EB in the automotive world has always been EcoBoost. Just wondering if this is a recent hijacking by the Bronco community.
I've only ever seen EB refer to early bronco. EB and LUBR.
Sponsored