Sponsored

Will your Bronco be your first manual vehicle?

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was also a spitfire. Loved that car...
At 6’4” I remember my head always pushing the top up. Hopefully more headroom in the Bronco.
Sponsored

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why are so many people saying this Bronco will be the last car they buy? Is everyone near death or something? I expect to buy at least 10 more cars before I die lol. Maybe 20.
Well cars will be very different in the near future. Here in California they just announced a ban on new gas powered cars by 2035. Many manufactures have already announced their lineups will only consist of hybrid/electric models within the next few years. This could very well be the last time people have a chance to buy a new car of this nature.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
All this outpouring of love for the manual Bronco, but we don't know if they'll have an analog tach. Current indications are "no." Would be a little disappointing.

I've bought two vehicles new in my lifetime, both with manual xmission by choice. The Bronco will be the third!

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Challenger Hellcat is a manual. Somehow I doubt the Bronco would be as fun banging thru the gears as the Challenger but they are two different animals.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this outpouring of love for the manual Bronco, but we don't know if they'll have an analog tach. Current indications are "no." Would be a little disappointing.

I've bought two vehicles new in my lifetime, both with manual xmission by choice. The Bronco will be the third!
Gotta admit, while it definitely seems nice to have, and any sports car manual should definitely have one, I'm not so sure that I'd really miss it very much in the Bronco. Of course, I might realize later that the opposite is true. It's all so automatic to me that I can't really say. Maybe I'll put a sticky note over mine for a little while and see if I feel completely lost.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Challenger Hellcat is a manual. Somehow I doubt the Bronco would be as fun banging thru the gears as the Challenger but they are two different animals.
Won’t be as fun as the Hellcat but Manual makes slow cars like the Bronco more fun than they would be with an auto

bronco_maybe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox(company car), Silverado Z71, Elantra GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First car was a used '71 Datsun 510 4 door 4 speed manual. Had friends at MB dealership for smog, so ripped out cat and added Weber dual barrel carb. The 1600cc engine responded like a 2 stroke. With the 510's RWD, it was a drift car before that was a thing. Best first car a young man could have (IMHO).

Followed up with host of forgettable Toyatas and Datsuns. Last manual was a Chevy S10 California Edition. Feeling ready for another manual car. Will have to wait a few years because Bronco will be the "fun" car and not DD, not ready for that right now.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've only ever owned three-pedal vehicles, thankfully.

I spend enough time (almost 3k miles/month) with an auto in my work truck. Everything will be a stick for as long as I can control it. Hell, after the Bronco, I'm probably just going to have old Ford trucks.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been driving manuals since 1962 in a flat bed ford 1 ton w/granny. Have driven everything from Army Jeep (M151) to 22.5 ton Oshkosh half cab to split shifting a 15 speed Road Ranger with a manual 2-speed box. Hardest to drive was a 1955 Flex Bus with a 5 speed non-synchro tranny, double clutch a must and miss a gear start over :) Got to where I could shift it by ear and speed. So this silky smooth 7 speed will be fun....

Sponsored

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not feeling old but first manual was 56 Chevy and last was 90 740 Volvo with many in between but none since. Getting an automatic was never a consideration.

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
bros don't troll me too hard but I have never owned a manual. I wanted my first vehicle to be manual, but when I was 15 my grandpa passed away and I got his 1996 F150, which was an automatic. And it had hella transmission problems. After a few years I got a 2010 Mazda 3, which was automatic (had that stupid shifter you could throw into "manual-lite" mode and shift without a clutch) because I figured it was too late to learn.

I'm 29 now and I figure if I was able to learn to surf in the last year, I can figure out how to drive a manual and finally be the cool guy my 15 year old self wanted to be . . . just took 15 more years to get there lol

OP
OP

Woodlane

Big Bend
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
bros don't troll me too hard but I have never owned a manual. I wanted my first vehicle to be manual, but when I was 15 my grandpa passed away and I got his 1996 F150, which was an automatic. And it had hella transmission problems. After a few years I got a 2010 Mazda 3, which was automatic (had that stupid shifter you could throw into "manual-lite" mode and shift without a clutch) because I figured it was too late to learn.

I'm 29 now and I figure if I was able to learn to surf in the last year, I can figure out how to drive a manual and finally be the cool guy my 15 year old self wanted to be . . . just took 15 more years to get there lol
Dude! I'm not the only one! I now feel like this thread is a success haha

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dude! I'm not the only one! I now feel like this thread is a success haha
haha I am not afraid of being roasted but then again, this is a really great community here. The Facebook group is a toxic cesspool.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not feeling old but first manual was 56 Chevy and last was 90 740 Volvo with many in between but none since. Getting an automatic was never a consideration.

I've got some time in a '56 with three on the tree. Wish I could remember what was under the hood. I think it was a 265. That was a sweet ride unless you needed to stop quickly.
Sponsored