Will your Bronco be your first manual vehicle?

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Clubs

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, babysitting a v8 4runner
I know it's borderline sacrilege, but as a kid of the 80s, I always fancied the TR7/8. I know. I know.:)
I still to this day would get a TR8 if one fell in my lap. Endless repairs notwithstanding. Or a Stag.

Last edited:

Haystack

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Why are so many people saying this Bronco will be the last car they buy? Is everyone near death or something? I expect to buy at least 10 more cars before I die lol. Maybe 20.
Well cars will be very different in the near future. Here in California they just announced a ban on new gas powered cars by 2035. Many manufactures have already announced their lineups will only consist of hybrid/electric models within the next few years. This could very well be the last time people have a chance to buy a new car of this nature.

BearWithMe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
All this outpouring of love for the manual Bronco, but we don't know if they'll have an analog tach. Current indications are "no." Would be a little disappointing.

I've bought two vehicles new in my lifetime, both with manual xmission by choice. The Bronco will be the third!

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
My Challenger Hellcat is a manual. Somehow I doubt the Bronco would be as fun banging thru the gears as the Challenger but they are two different animals.

jdogi

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Clubs

All this outpouring of love for the manual Bronco, but we don't know if they'll have an analog tach. Current indications are "no." Would be a little disappointing.

I've bought two vehicles new in my lifetime, both with manual xmission by choice. The Bronco will be the third!
Gotta admit, while it definitely seems nice to have, and any sports car manual should definitely have one, I'm not so sure that I'd really miss it very much in the Bronco. Of course, I might realize later that the opposite is true. It's all so automatic to me that I can't really say. Maybe I'll put a sticky note over mine for a little while and see if I feel completely lost.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
My Challenger Hellcat is a manual. Somehow I doubt the Bronco would be as fun banging thru the gears as the Challenger but they are two different animals.
Won’t be as fun as the Hellcat but Manual makes slow cars like the Bronco more fun than they would be with an auto

bronco_maybe

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Altima, Elantra GT
First car was a used '71 Datsun 510 4 door 4 speed manual. Had friends at MB dealership for smog, so ripped out cat and added Weber dual barrel carb. The 1600cc engine responded like a 2 stroke. With the 510's RWD, it was a drift car before that was a thing. Best first car a young man could have (IMHO).

Followed up with host of forgettable Toyatas and Datsuns. Last manual was a Chevy S10 California Edition. Feeling ready for another manual car. Will have to wait a few years because Bronco will be the "fun" car and not DD, not ready for that right now.

Thed

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata, '67 F-100, '17 Ducati Supersport
Clubs

I've only ever owned three-pedal vehicles, thankfully.

I spend enough time (almost 3k miles/month) with an auto in my work truck. Everything will be a stick for as long as I can control it. Hell, after the Bronco, I'm probably just going to have old Ford trucks.

JesseS

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Clubs

I have been driving manuals since 1962 in a flat bed ford 1 ton w/granny. Have driven everything from Army Jeep (M151) to 22.5 ton Oshkosh half cab to split shifting a 15 speed Road Ranger with a manual 2-speed box. Hardest to drive was a 1955 Flex Bus with a 5 speed non-synchro tranny, double clutch a must and miss a gear start over :) Got to where I could shift it by ear and speed. So this silky smooth 7 speed will be fun....

Kdog

Base
First Name
ChrisK
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Not feeling old but first manual was 56 Chevy and last was 90 740 Volvo with many in between but none since. Getting an automatic was never a consideration.

Advertisement

Advertisement