Sponsored

Winch mount options that will be compatible with the front camera.

Sandfreak

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone hear if Ford's working on a fix for their winch location that won't interior with the camera or will it be up to the aftermarket?
Sponsored

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I included a winch and roof rack with my build. Was this a mistake because of the camera issue? I have an early 7/14 reservation with 1/25 order date and still no VIN on a Badlands 2.3 L/auto and no-squatch.

Ford said April 8th was the cut-off for making changes, but I never heard from the dealer or Ford about any production issues related to the winch, roof rack, etc. or any suggestion that removing those options would increase your chances of getting the production moved up.

I had a rant here but I'm sure nobody cares... :sleep: but compared to Tesla Ford is way out of their league as far as taking orders and fulfilling them...

Sponsored

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I included a winch and roof rack with my build. Was this a mistake because of the camera issue? I have an early 7/14 reservation with 1/25 order date and still no VIN on a Badlands 2.3 L/auto and no-squatch.

Ford said April 8th was the cut-off for making changes, but I never heard from the dealer or Ford about any production issues related to the winch, roof rack, etc. or any suggestion that removing those options would increase your chances of getting the production moved up.

I had a rant here but I'm sure nobody cares... :sleep: but compared to Tesla Ford is way out of their league as far as taking orders and fulfilling them...

As long as you don't have a VIN yet you can make any changes you want. If you want to make changes you have to go through your dealer and have them send in the changes. Just make sure they give you the order form reflecting the changes that they made because your Ford.com account wont reflect them.

OP
OP

Sandfreak

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The winchmount isn't even offered when you build a badlands anymore. Be interesting to see what you get.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The front camera isn't unusable, just ... barely useable. Definitely not optimal.

5ywa465hw46jhw-png.png

Sponsored

Timuh60

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe JLU, 2020 Sahara JLU (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Ford ever come up with a solution or was all their time taken up with the top issue?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the solved winch issue wit
Ford Bronco Winch mount options that will be compatible with the front camera. Capture.PNG
h the Bronco!!
need more info on that, looks very clean, but where's the winch? What is it mounted to?
Very promising!

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the solved winch issue wit
Ford Bronco Winch mount options that will be compatible with the front camera. Capture.PNG
h the Bronco!!
Problem with it is they put it right where it will get smashed if its taken in the rocks. It will be a tough thing to really figure out how best to get a good winch up front and still use camera, keep clearance and approach angle as well as air flow to motor.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was there a change for 2022 from Ford for the camera view being blocked? If not what are our options?
Sponsored