Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen a winch mount for the modular bumper available yet, besides fords offeringr in the B&P? (not full bumper with winch mount).

Additionally, has anyone had a Ford performance winch & mount delivered at this point?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford hasn't released their winch mount yet. My dealer ordered the winch and mount for their mannequin and are hoping to get it later this year.

Haven't seen any alternatives yet that aren't a full bumper.

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks interesting, I'd be curious how that worked out. I haven't pulled the skid plate off to see what it looks like under there, but I like the idea of keeping it out of sight, keeping front camera and ACC usage, and using the modular bumper. I feel like this would require modifications to the skid though, I'll try to pull it off sometime and see. I'd also worry about pulling somewhere other than the front or rear of the frame, this may be one of those things that works in this instance because that isn't as much of a concern.

I have a 6t comealong that I'll probably end up keeping with me for a while. I think it's gonna be a while before any good options come available since most shops are having issues to begin with, but are waiting on test vehicles still. It seems to be a running theme that everyone I've called can't even begin the design process since they are all waiting on test mules.

I'm still not clear on why the same idea behind the Ford option couldn't be done, just an inch or two higher to keep that slot fully open. Is there something I'm missing?

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check out this solution from Rough Country

Ford Bronco Winch Mounts? 1632682736990
Ford Bronco Winch Mounts? 1632682882862

No pricing yet, it was a pic in the tow hook offering.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out this solution from Rough Country

No pricing yet, it was a pic in the tow hook offering.
Is that the capable bumper or standard plastic bumper? Looks great!

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That looks interesting, I'd be curious how that worked out. I haven't pulled the skid plate off to see what it looks like under there, but I like the idea of keeping it out of sight, keeping front camera and ACC usage, and using the modular bumper. I feel like this would require modifications to the skid though, I'll try to pull it off sometime and see. I'd also worry about pulling somewhere other than the front or rear of the frame, this may be one of those things that works in this instance because that isn't as much of a concern.

I have a 6t comealong that I'll probably end up keeping with me for a while. I think it's gonna be a while before any good options come available since most shops are having issues to begin with, but are waiting on test vehicles still. It seems to be a running theme that everyone I've called can't even begin the design process since they are all waiting on test mules.

I'm still not clear on why the same idea behind the Ford option couldn't be done, just an inch or two higher to keep that slot fully open. Is there something I'm missing?
I plan on a Ford "like" option for my 8274-70 upright winch, with accommodations for the parking/ACC sensors- I am hoping to relocate the camera as well. Should have my Bronco in a few weeks and it is immediately headed to my friends shop for a few custom things

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that the capable bumper or standard plastic bumper? Looks great!
RC said they received a base and have started modifying, I think before the capable bumper was released, so I am guessing it is the standard bumper

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a brief glance under my Badlands Sas with the modular bumper. This doesn't appear to impact the bumper at all, it would replace the stock skid and looks to use the same bolt positions for the skid. Installation instructions aren't available yet, so hard to see how it fits on there.

Anyone have a photo of the underside without the skid plates? I'm curious where the winch mount itself attaches. They claim "minor cutting" requires, but I wonder if that only applies to the plastic bumper?
Sponsored