First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are countless threads on DIY hacks and fixes to reduce wind noise. However, I picked up my Bronco 2-door a week ago, and was blown away by the wind noise on the highway. It sounded as if the window was open at anything over 50mph

As I was driving this morning, I started pushing on the seals around the driver side window, when I noticed this:

Ford Bronco Wind Noise Culprit Identified E46209AE-50B7-4B3F-BAD6-49ED72393AA5

Ford Bronco Wind Noise Culprit Identified CDA0201B-E458-4E4A-A19A-006CD22781C1

Keep in mind, this is the passenger side:
Ford Bronco Wind Noise Culprit Identified D4CFC342-15AE-4DC2-A9D9-A615E37E5DA5

I attempted to simply open the window and pull the rubber stripping towards me, but it keeps getting hung up and pushed back into this state when the window closes.

Iā€™ll probably bring it by the dealership this week and have them fix it. The rubber seems to have taken to that wavy shape now, due to the 100 degree heat here in AZ. But it shouldnā€™t be getting hung up in the first place. The driver side window seems to wobble when closing the door (more than the passenger door at least). And Iā€™m not about to start popping door panels off of my Bronco just yet.

Has anyone else had this particular issue in the same spot?
Sponsored

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know there are countless threads on DIY hacks and fixes to reduce wind noise. However, I picked up my Bronco 2-door a week ago, and was blown away by the wind noise on the highway. It sounded as if the window was open at anything over 50mph

As I was driving this morning, I started pushing on the seals around the driver side window, when I noticed this:

Keep in mind, this is the passenger side:

I attempted to simply open the window and pull the rubber stripping towards me, but it keeps getting hung up and pushed back into this state when the window closes.

Iā€™ll probably bring it by the dealership this week and have them fix it. The rubber seems to have taken to that wavy shape now, due to the 100 degree heat here in AZ. But it shouldnā€™t be getting hung up in the first place. The driver side window seems to wobble when closing the door (more than the passenger door at least). And Iā€™m not about to start popping door panels off of my Bronco just yet.

Has anyone else had this particular issue in the same spot?
Did you find anything out? This is 100% the source of the noise from mine. If I stick something in there to shove the rubber against the glass the wind noise / tornado sound goes away completely.

I donā€™t want the dealer touching my windshield yet for the recall until I know I can trust them to do it rightā€¦lol (I used to work there šŸ¤£)

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you find anything out? This is 100% the source of the noise from mine. If I stick something in there to shove the rubber against the glass the wind noise / tornado sound goes away completely.

I donā€™t want the dealer touching my windshield yet for the recall until I know I can trust them to do it rightā€¦lol (I used to work there šŸ¤£)
I haven't reached out to the dealership just yet.

I ended up taking a heat gun to it. I was able to back the fold out, then I heated it more to try and get the seal to sit flush against the glass. It's almost good now, but there is a small area near the bottom that won't go back to it's original shape/position. I'll have to contact Ford eventually.

It also seems like the drivers window is quite wobbly when I open and/or close the door.

Have you done anything on your end?

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't reached out to the dealership just yet.

I ended up taking a heat gun to it. I was able to back the fold out, then I heated it more to try and get the seal to sit flush against the glass. It's almost good now, but there is a small area near the bottom that won't go back to it's original shape/position. I'll have to contact Ford eventually.

It also seems like the drivers window is quite wobbly when I open and/or close the door.

Have you done anything on your end?
I havenā€™t taken it up to the dealer but I sent my salesman a video since he has a Bronco too. He said he showed the service dept. and they claim it would be covered under warranty.
Sponsored