First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This weekend I was cleaning up the garage, which meant getting that best top bimini installed on the bronco.
To do that of course I had to start with removing the roof rack, which no is taking up some room in the garage.
I then had my son come over and help me remove the roof and we installed the bimini and then put the roof back on.

Now the entire time with the roof rack there has been enough wind noise that conversations with my soft-talking mom could be a challenge when going 60mph. I assumed it was the roof rack, and I can say that after removing the roof rack, it was the primary cause of wind noise.

There is still some wind noise but it is dramatically less than when the roof rack was on there. I won't need the roof rack all the time, so I'll keep it off but for when I need it.
Ford Bronco Wind Noise From Roof Rack - 2 door PXL_20220723_210919960.MP
Sponsored

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know, I ordered mine with the roof rack as figured it would cost less that way. I will hopefully be getting mine next month. Will see how it sounds and pull it off as well if it is unbearable. I would like to get the twill slide back for the warmer months on there anyways and I dont think that will work with the roof rack.

Deleted member 32220

This weekend I was cleaning up the garage, which meant getting that best top bimini installed on the bronco.
To do that of course I had to start with removing the roof rack, which no is taking up some room in the garage.
I then had my son come over and help me remove the roof and we installed the bimini and then put the roof back on.

Now the entire time with the roof rack there has been enough wind noise that conversations with my soft-talking mom could be a challenge when going 60mph. I assumed it was the roof rack, and I can say that after removing the roof rack, it was the primary cause of wind noise.

There is still some wind noise but it is dramatically less than when the roof rack was on there. I won't need the roof rack all the time, so I'll keep it off but for when I need it.
PXL_20220723_210919960.MP.jpg
God to know indeed, At 60 I start hearing mine. At 65 it’s pretty pronounced. At 70 about the same.

That’s about as fast as I’ve had it.

Your the first to confirm that, I asked another 4 door owner that did the same thing and he said he didn’t really notice it?

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine off and as well…and yes I agree….way quieter without it.

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
God to know indeed, At 60 I start hearing mine. At 65 it’s pretty pronounced. At 70 about the same.

That’s about as fast as I’ve had it.

Your the first to confirm that, I asked another 4 door owner that did the same thing and he said he didn’t really notice it?
Yeah I finally can hear the road noise from the tires, which isn't bad, I just couldn't hear it compared to the wind.

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Drove mine for 6 months with no roof rack, then put one on. Personally I don’t notice much difference.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... when I first picked up mine I had the roof rack, yakima towers, yakima large platform, and hi-lift mount...

IT WAS LOUD. And massive buffeting noise.

I took off the hi-lift mount from the platform... not much difference.
Removed the platform, huge difference.
Removed the rails, noticeable difference..
Added the pipe insulation... noticeable difference.

Which is kind of a bummer. Can't just leave it all on, will need to put it on and take it off as needed... Or drive with aircraft headphones and an intercom system for my passengers :D

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took my roof rack off right away and hung it up on the wall in my garage. I didn't have it on long enough to notice any difference in wind noise. The rack goes back on when I need it, then I'll take it off again.

Gilligan

Outer Banks
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Wind Noise From Roof Rack - 2 door PXL_20220723_210919960.MP
My Son told me this trick, wrap some type of parachute cord around the cross bars. Doesn't have to be tight, just about an inch or two apart. It quiet down right much.
Sponsored