Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
Just opened the door on a obx mannequin and the window didn’t drop in time so it hung up. Is that a very common problem? I’ve seen it mentioned here a few times. How would it be resolved?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just opened the door on a obx mannequin and the window didn’t drop in time so it hung up. Is that a very common problem? I’ve seen it mentioned here a few times. How would it be resolved?
How fast did you open the door? IMO, they should program the drop when you touch the handle like the unlock function. There is a reinitialization function the dealer needs to do to correct it. There is a SSM (not recall) pretaining to this issue.

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
I’ve have a few mustang convertibles with this feature so I’m pretty used to how it works. Didn’t jerk it open or anything unusual. Def needs to be corrected…

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a recurring comment. I went out to check my Mustang and: The window does not drop until the door opens slightly, enough for the dome lite to come on. The function appears to be aimed at closing the door, not opening it. It seems there is a design issue with the weather stripping window interface: too tight.

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at this on mine with a buddy. The point it activated the window down function and the force it takes to open the door cause it to hang. Not sure it is going to damage anything but would be nice if they could do something in the SW to reduce it from happening.

I think the unlock feature roll down would work on the front. That would not work on the rear. I don't know what other information they can gather from the door handles or if they are just an on/off switch.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks as if all of us are going to need to get used to this delay, and wait just a second or so longer before opening the door. Shouldn't be a problem unless you've just robbed a bank, or something. :)

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is a recurring comment. I went out to check my Mustang and: The window does not drop until the door opens slightly, enough for the dome lite to come on. The function appears to be aimed at closing the door, not opening it. It seems there is a design issue with the weather stripping window interface: too tight.
Maybe it's for closing purposes on the mustang, but the Bronco appears to need it for opening also. Otherwise, the window wouldn't catch on anything while opening the door and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
No it’s needed for opening on a mustang. Disconnect the battery and see how well the door opens on a convertible.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The window motors are very slow on Bronco and I think that is a large part of the problem. Hopefully that can be easily resolved with a new supplier, but I'm a little concerned it might be the result of a packaging constraint because of door size and weight requirements.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How fast did you open the door? IMO, they should program the drop when you touch the handle like the unlock function. There is a reinitialization function the dealer needs to do to correct it. There is a SSM (not recall) pretaining to this issue.
Don’t suppose if we could do this with forscan in running one of the relearn procedures to avoid a trip to the dealer?

only one of my door’s windows gets held up on the weather stripping, have tried the window relearn where you hold down the window button for 5sec on the way down and back up

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t suppose if we could do this with forscan in running one of the relearn procedures to avoid a trip to the dealer?

only one of my door’s windows gets held up on the weather stripping, have tried the window relearn where you hold down the window button for 5sec on the way down and back up
Funny you bring this up again. Got home yesterday and my LR hung up, same one that was doing it a couple months ago. Did the relearn in the drive and back to normal. Not sure if this is a function of a fault with a sensor in the motor or if it works off a timer in the BCM.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is not like it is convertible dependent as the weathstrip that the window tops insert, yes insert, into is to my view attached to the roll cage and remains in place even with top off. But I have only had top half open twice so not 100%.

But certainly would be better if it indexed downward as soon as you touch door handle. Then it would not catch at all.

Did find an anomaly yesterday, if you hit lock button on door when exiting but do not full close door you cannot unlock with the door handle , only the keyfob

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you bring this up again. Got home yesterday and my LR hung up, same one that was doing it a couple months ago. Did the relearn in the drive and back to normal. Not sure if this is a function of a fault with a sensor in the motor or if it works off a timer in the BCM.
Guessing we’d have to go to a dealer to find out or is there no bulletin for this issue yet if that window button relearn doesn’t work?

for some, it seems to have worked. Wish I was one of them, tried like 10 times last night getting out to check every 2:(

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve gotten in the habit of using two hands to open the door. My left hand on the handle and my right hand on the upper corner of the door holding it closed until the window drops slightly. When parking in the garage I drop the window and inch so the door can be opened without the window moving.

For trucks with smart keys, the window could be programmed to drop before the door lock is actually unlocked if Ford decided to do it that way. They could adopt the functionality of the Chevy system where the button needs to be pressed to unlock as well as lock. I actually like the system in the Chevy better than my Bronco or Tacoma.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did find an anomaly yesterday, if you hit lock button on door when exiting but do not full close door you cannot unlock with the door handle , only the keyfob
I noticed this on mine as well, took me a minute to figure out what was going on!
Sponsored