Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I knew this was bound to happen but I honestly didn't expect it this soon .... a year into my ownership and the driver's side window will not lower itself that automatic one inch or so when you open or close the door.

Ford Bronco Window won't auto index when up .... 20220904_190124[9238]

anybody else experiencing this?

Ford Bronco Window won't auto index when up .... 20220904_190219[9239]

20220904_190124[9238].jpg

20220904_190219[9239].jpg
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This recently happened to me too and that fix did the trick.

Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any other suggestions if the reset procedure doesn't work? Mine doing the same thing and while it's no longer sticking outward like OP's, it's stays in the down position that occurs when you open the door.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any other suggestions if the reset procedure doesn't work? Mine doing the same thing and while it's no longer sticking outward like OP's, it's stays in the down position that occurs when you open the door.
This happened to mine not long ago. I did the same as in a YouTube video and it didn't works. After many tries, after holding it up for 5 seconds, I hit the start button to shut off accessory mode. Started it and it worked.

Reactions: 0ne

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How the windows need to relearn is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a vehicle. It's like it took two steps back in the technology department because they tried to do too much.
It got pretty cold a few weeks ago here. I run my 37's at 31psi. One of them dropped to 29psi and the low tire light came on. I put air in and had all tires at 31 psi. System wouldn't reset. Had to put 35 psi in the one tire for it to reset and then let out air back to 31.
I'd love to take out all of the tech but Ford has made it so nothing will work without it.
My next vehicle will be from the 60's or 70's

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting. The same thing happened to me last week. I wonder if it had something to do with the update. The reset fixed it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. This power window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
⬆ Ford has entered the chat! 👏🤩🍻
Another procedure I found:

RESETTING WINDOW BOUNCE-BACK

Ford Bronco Window won't auto index when up .... 20220904_190219[9239]
WARNING: Bounce-back is off until you reset the memory. Take care when closing the windows to avoid personal injury or damage to your vehicle.
If you have disconnected the battery, you must reset the bounce-back memory separately for each window.
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
  1. Close the window.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
  1. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open.Keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.Keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there. This power window concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I figured it out - one thing weird or I should say different from other cars I've had - the doors don't close or latch as easily. My window was definitely out of place and not working as it should. However, the reason it wasn't working after reset was that the door wasn't completely shut. I'm good. Thanks.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to take out all of the tech but Ford has made it so nothing will work without it.
My next vehicle will be from the 60's or 70's

My heart soars like the hawk at such words....

I have a burning hatred for tire pressure sensors. The word stoopid comes to mind when I think of them.

toddtrain

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I found this post. I need to go out and try this fix. Hopefully it works so I dont have to drop it off at the dealer.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update to this post. I too had the window issue after disconnecting my battery. I tried the suggested reset procedures here without luck. I went over to the local Ford dealer and the service department wanted to book me in for an appointment. I pleaded with her saying I just need to check with a tech to see what I was doing wrong. She wouldn’t budge on insisting I do a service appointment even though I wasn’t going to be in this town for long.

Thankfully, a tech came out from the shop about this time and must’ve overheard me talking. I was on my way out (not booking an appointment) and he caught up to me and asked what I did to reset the windows. When I told him he said that you need to do the window down/hold/window up/hold drill three times for it to work. He did the first window for me with the ACC on but engine off.

Yep! That’s what it took for my rig. 2021 Badlands.

So if you’re having trouble getting the windows to reset, try the procedure three times.

And, thanks to a tech who’s willing to help on a simple item. For the service desk people, you could learn some BD by listening to your customers and helping us out with simple requests.

Last edited:

jetboyb747

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update to this post. I too had the window issue after disconnecting my battery. I tried the suggested reset procedures here without luck. I went over to the local Ford dealer and the service department wanted to book me in for an appointment. I pleaded with here saying I just need to check with a tech to see what I was doing wrong. She wouldn’t budge on insisting I do a service appointment even though I wasn’t going to be in this town for long.

Thankfully, a tech came out from the shop about this time and must’ve overheard me talking. I was on my way out (not booking an appointment) and he caught up to me and asked what I did to reset the windows. When I told him he said that you need to do the window down/hold/window up/hold drill three times for it to work. He did the first window for me with the ACC on but engine off.

Yep! That’s what it took for my rig. 2021 Badlands.

So if you’re having trouble getting the windows to reset, try the procedure three times.

And, thanks to a tech who’s willing to help on a simple item. For the service desk people, you could learn some BD by listening to your customers and helping us out with simple requests.
thank you so much! after an unsuccessful trip get serviced, i read this and it did work. i think the ford service departments should troll through some of these threads.
Sponsored