Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This 2-door is my first vehicle with frameless windows. My driver door window rattles when I close the door (window is up). It is not horrible, but the rattle is right at my ear level and it's not what I expected from a new vehicle.

Passenger side does not make this noise, but it might be misaligned because it gets caught on the weather stripping.

I may try to post a video tomorrow to demonstrate.

Anyone else have this issue when closing the door?

EDIT: Added video.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup. Same driver door rattles when opening and closing. Feels and sounds extremely cheap. I was able to fix both passenger getting caught on weather stripping. They never rattles like the driver door does. One day I’ll take it apart again and really dig in.

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes they do.
My passenger window doesn't auto roll up all the time either. Soft top problems.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
door alignment maybe? check the hinge pins and bolts when I took my doors off I had this happen when I put them back on, I took them off and put them back on, problem solved for me. it's worth a shot.

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the driver window on my two door does it as well. It's a giant piece of unsupported glass. It's irritating as heck but nothing can be done about it.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This 2-door is my first vehicle with frameless windows. My driver door window rattles when I close the door (window is up). It is not horrible, but the rattle is right at my ear level and it's not what I expected from a new vehicle.

Passenger side does not make this noise, but it might be misaligned because it gets caught on the weather stripping.

Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I want to look into this window rattle concern. Thank you!

OP
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I want to look into this window rattle concern. Thank you!
Thank you @Ford Motor Company for reaching out. Sent you PM with VIN and dealer information. Added video to original post also.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have two small issues, driver door rattle near B pillar, noticed this morning and right rear window too far up into weather stripping, when you open the door it hangs, won't be good on the window if left that way, dealer visit will need to be scheduled.

leeway10

Badlands
First Name
Hun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with my 4door Badlands. If you roll the windows down about 1/4 of the way and hit any bumps in the road the windows will rattle and shake so hard it sounds like the windows are about to brake and fall off the vehicle.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I took it to the dealer on March 10th and they said they cannot do anything about the driver side window rattle when closing because it is a "false" pillar and there is nothing to support the window.

I took a little closer look and I think the window is rattling because the vertical weatherstripping near the top corner is not thick enough to support/put a little pressure on the window when closing (as the door latches).

As a test, I took some black cotton fabric and packed it behind the weatherstripping (from the top corner down for about 4 inches) and the rattle is much less noticeable. I also noticed the weatherstripping is not glued in place (you can slowly pull it to the left and it separates from the plastic trim easily. Maybe this is normal so it can expand/contract with temperature changes.

Below is a picture of the top corner access and my before/after videos.

Questions:
1. Is the weatherstripping attached properly?
2. Any comments on the DIY improvement? Long term, I think it needs to be a rubber or additional weatherstripping piece.
3. @Ford Motor Company Is there a better solution from Ford? I can't post these videos in our PM thread.

Ford Bronco Window Rattle When Closing Door IMG_1067

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: Added video.

Are you saying it only "rattles" when closing the door? Does it rattle when driving? Do you hear an air leak coming from that window when driving?

If it's just when closing the door, it could be considered normal. I listened to your video several times and compared it to my 4 door BL and there is a subtle difference but I am not sure if that implies a problem or maybe just the difference in sound from a recording versus live.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I send you my info too? I'm having a similar issue with my passenger door window on my 2-door. Much looser than the driver door and the weather stripping is gapping/tearing which makes for a howling wind noise even when fully closed. It's done this from day one. My dealership was looking into it, but I've heard nothing back.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I send you my info too? I'm having a similar issue with my passenger door window on my 2-door. Much looser than the driver door and the weather stripping is gapping/tearing which makes for a howling wind noise even when fully closed. It's done this from day one. My dealership was looking into it, but I've heard nothing back.
Here's a picture of what is going on with the passenger door.
Ford Bronco Window Rattle When Closing Door 1647369779877

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just wait until you drive over some train tracks with the windows half down
I thought they were going to shatter. I like about 1/3 the way open, if I get to half or a little more it seems to stop.
Sponsored