Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I took delivery and all is well. However, I'm noticing some issues when it comes to night driving, especially with tint.

With a combination on how the "A" pillar is arranged on the driver side, and the brightness of the large 12" screen, I think the visibility through the windows is tough -- especially at night. Now, being the guy I am, ran off to get the windows tinted almost immediately. On the outside they look great! Day driving has no issues. However, I feel like my visibility and screen reflection issues have multiplied.

Last night, even though it was raining/sleeting, it felt a little uncomfortable making 90-degree left and right-handed turns.

I'm just wondering what are my options here without going nuclear and ripping the tint off that I just paid for. Yes, turning down the screen brightness all the way seemed to help a tiny bit, but not a huge difference. Should I go back and ask for lighter tint? Or do those think it's not worth having it on at all considering what I described above? Safety first, eh?
Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I struggled with this at first when I moved to the SW. I did 20% for the first time because of the heat and night driving was a pain. 6 years later, I don't even notice the tint and driving is normal. I guess it's just up to if you're willing to give it time to get used to it. It might be a little harder in Seattle where it's cloudy/rain more often

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I took delivery and all is well. However, I'm noticing some issues when it comes to night driving, especially with tint.

With a combination on how the "A" pillar is arranged on the driver side, and the brightness of the large 12" screen, I think the visibility through the windows is tough -- especially at night. Now, being the guy I am, ran off to get the windows tinted almost immediately. On the outside they look great! Day driving has no issues. However, I feel like my visibility and screen reflection issues have multiplied.

Last night, even though it was raining/sleeting, it felt a little uncomfortable making 90-degree left and right-handed turns.

I'm just wondering what are my options here without going nuclear and ripping the tint off that I just paid for. Yes, turning down the screen brightness all the way seemed to help a tiny bit, but not a huge difference. Should I go back and ask for lighter tint? Or do those think it's not worth having it on at all considering what I described above? Safety first, eh?
I noticed the 90 degree turn issues on mine in my dark neighborhood, the headlights donā€™t seem to be very wide beam. I donā€™t have any tint on my windows yet. I would recommend adding some Diode Dynamics SAE Fog lights in clear or amber. We have them on our Tacoma and they do a great job of lighting up around the corners.

Years back I did 18% tint on my side windows, 5% on the back, and 50% on my windshield. It was awesome in the AZ desert sun, but the first time I drive it after dark it was not so great. I ended up adding more light and it was fine. More recently I do 30% on the front windows and 18% on the back.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where the tinted front windows become a problem is a right or left turn at a light at night ,it would be real easy to run over a pedestrian or a small child if not really careful, I don't drive at night much and if in this situation I put front windows down be careful out there.

Sponsored

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I did a limo tint all the way around. Itā€™s dark. Be safe and time your turns right

96FEF315-7D34-48E9-8CCC-4BDDFBDD49DA.jpeg

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I donā€™t have any issues but Iā€™ve always had tinted windows. I went with Pinnacle Ceramic 15% on the front and 30% on all the others except the windshield. It looks great. Iā€™ll have to wait until summer to see if the heat rejection works as advertised.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have dark tint on all my vehicles. On dark streets when I make a turn especially in my car that has the most visibility issues, i will roll the window down when I feel I canā€™t see enough. Most to make sure I can see pedestrians crossing. Still worth having the tint the other 95 percent of the time. Running lights in the bumper might help too.

Sponsored

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve noticed same problem. I have same 30% tint in a few cars, but find it Iā€™d harder to see out at night in the bronco. And I was wondering if it had to do with the more upright angle of the windows? Idk ??

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tinted the fronts windows on my old F150 to 20%. At first, it was weird, but you do get used to it. Iā€™d stick with it and see if that is the case with you as well.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mention the brightness of the LCD infotainment... I'm guessing you've turned the brightness down to see if that helped? Controls are next to the headlights controls.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing the brightness of the screen is more the problem than the tint. Bright light ruins night vision. I wonder if there's a red tinted screen protector or the like that could be removed and put on easily when you're out at night. That would help some.
Sponsored