Tarheels2016

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s been over less than a month since I took ownership of my bronco. I haven’t taken it off-roading or anything wild besides faulting driving. There is already a crack in the windshield. @Ford Motor Company why is the windshield this brittle for an off-road vehicle? Daily driving should not cause this type of damage.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did a rock hit it

OP
OP

Tarheels2016

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought it was bird poop until I tried the windshield wipers. Then upon trying to wipe it with a paper towel I felt the crack.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"Why is glass brittle?" LoL

I understand your frustration but I think it has a lot more to do with the near vertical angle of the glass. what might be a minor rock or pebble strike that could deflect off of a more sloped glass causes damage here because it's almost like hitting an upright glass wall. it can't deflect at that angle.

Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had mine about 7 weeks. Already had multiple pebbles hit the windshield, one ended up cracking it. Used a Rain-X repair kit to fix it. Just a factor of luck and design. My Fusion Hybrid's windshield also got a crack not too long after I bought it.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May want to invest in an Exoshield on the new windshield.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine chipped on I-95 my second week of owning it. Unfortunately, Ford's QC is horrendous with these new Bronco's. They are terribly made, with no standards, because they are trying to ship them as fast as they can while they still have fat "market adjustment" ADMs. Plus Ford looks terrible compared to other companies at the moment when it comes to chip/parts allocation and QC. Not to mention Ford is now shipping vehicles without all of the chips as long they don't compromise the drivability/safety of the vehicle. They have up to a year to get you the chips you're missing if they sell you a vehicle without all of them. And, at least where I live, they are by far the most delayed when it comes to custom ordering vehicles and they come in not even fully put together, service techs here have to do final CPU/PCM completion. Average time for Rams and Wranglers/Gladiators around me from order to receiving is about 8 weeks, Toyota 4runners/tacomas/new tundras are 4-6 weeks. Ford is a 4-6 month wait on every truck and large SUV, even longer for the tremor trims. And you know how long they are for Bronco's.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Why is glass brittle?" LoL

I understand your frustration but I think it has a lot more to do with the near vertical angle of the glass. what might be a minor rock or pebble strike that could deflect off of a more sloped glass causes damage here because it's almost like hitting an upright glass wall. it can't deflect at that angle.
Very true, but I've had a 2007 Wrangler since new in 2007 that has never had a windshield problem and it's been driven everywhere up and down the east coast from PA to FL for 90k miles behind trucks and I lived on gravel for the entirety of that vehicle's life. Ford's glass is definitely more brittle. Angle doesn't help obviously, but it's most certainly weaker than it should be.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s been over less than a month since I took ownership of my bronco. I haven’t taken it off-roading or anything wild besides faulting driving. There is already a crack in the windshield. @Ford Motor Company why is the windshield this brittle for an off-road vehicle? Daily driving should not cause this type of damage.
Tis why I bit the bullet on full windshield coverage

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JFC. These windshield cracking threads are getting tiresome. Sorry OP but the GD windshield is almost a 90 degree angle. It’s Effin physics. All my Jeep’s windshields cracked. Same as EB’s. Get windshield coverage with your insurance. Won’t be your last windshield that cracks.

Underflow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My windshield with bad crack is getting replaced for $50 — GEICO insurance deductible, with Safelite doing the replacement.
I suggest calling your insurance. Thought I’d have to pay a $500 deductible, and was pleasantly surprised to learn it was only $50 for windshield. Some states don’t allow any deductible, and insurance may do it for “free”.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had a Scion xb, which is a fucking box-on-wheels, for 17 years. The wind shield is about as vertical as can get.

Two replacements and one fill in 17 years.

The QC is dogshit. If you don't believe me explain the MIC tops v1.0 and current v1.2.

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an old French saying goes, “it is the fate of glass to break.”

It happens. Accept it and move on. If it bugs you too much, bag the Bronco and find something else.
Sponsored

Last edited: