Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Windshield Defect 7C8831A2-03D0-4191-94FD-81EA51CE15C8

There are lots of smudges from plastic protection film I’m assuming and marks from suction cups. Does anybody else have this issue and if so how did you remove it? I tried water/vinegar and IPA/water with no results. I’ve also used multiple cleaners and can’t this to come off. I thought it was on the inside of the glass but now I feel it’s between the two pieces of glass. It really shows up if the window starts to fog up like in the photo or if the sun hits it just right. We took it to the dealer and tried buffing it out but that did nothing. They’re going to order a new one and hopefully they’re not back ordered.
Sponsored

Jandsnagel

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler Pacifica 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Magic eraser?

OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Magic eraser?
I tried that with no luck also. After an hour of using different products I really feel it’s between the glass. I could try the sandpaper from the post above but I’d hate to put anymore money towards this when I think it should just be replaced.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried that with no luck also. After an hour of using different products I really feel it’s between the glass. I could try the sandpaper from the post above but I’d hate to put anymore money towards this when I think it should just be replaced.
I think you're right. Windshields are made of 2 pieces of glass sandwiched around a sheet of plastic. There was probably an issue with the bonding process.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your Bronco has the sound reducing glass make sure that's what they replace it with.

Dealers and insurance are notorious for going with the less expensive replacement glass. I was surprised how much more the sound deadening glass costs, and it does make a difference (at least in my F150, not sure if you could tell in a Bronco?).

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

hit it with a claybar and a razor blade and see what happens

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm... I think I noticed "suction cup" rings on my windshield as well. I assumed the factory had something suctioned to the windshield for when they did a 63Km random test drive of my Bronco. 🤷
Haven't noticed it since...

OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If your Bronco has the sound reducing glass make sure that's what they replace it with.

Dealers and insurance are notorious for going with the less expensive replacement glass. I was surprised how much more the sound deadening glass costs, and it does make a difference (at least in my F150, not sure if you could tell in a Bronco?).
We told the dealer we only want a factory windshield. I want it to say Bronco and everything. I’m even going to remove the Built In Michigan sticker off the old one so I can stick it back on or at least save it in the glovebox.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm... I think I noticed "suction cup" rings on my windshield as well. I assumed the factory had something suctioned to the windshield for when they did a 63Km random test drive of my Bronco. 🤷
Hopefully yours cleaned up than. Ours definitely has not and you can really see it on cold mornings or when the sun shines directly on it at the right angle.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't really been over to the glass cell line at my F150 plant but I'm pretty sure it uses suction cups to lift and install the glass.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't really been over to the glass cell line at my F150 plant but I'm pretty sure it uses suction cups to lift and install the glass.
Ahh, yes! Of course!
With the snow/rain weather we've been having, it's no wonder I haven't noticed it lately.... It's likely gone 👍🏻

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully yours cleaned up than. Ours definitely has not and you can really see it on cold mornings or when the sun shines directly on it at the right angle.
Have to tried a glass polish? Auto Glym has a good one.

OP
OP
Danzer

Danzer

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have to tried a glass polish? Auto Glym has a good one.
I have not but I’ll check that out. I was looking into getting a glass polish.
Sponsored