Sponsored

Windshield exterior sunvisor / moonvisor

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always loved the Lund Sunvisor/Moonvisor on the 78-79 Broncos and the 73-79 F150s. I put one on any old truck/Bronco from that era. Im hoping the aftermarket comes out with something similiar. Always felt it gave it an agressive look. What do you guys think of one on a new Bronco? If I knew how to do 3D rendering / photoshop I would see how it looks.

s-l600.jpg
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been a while since I’ve seen one of those in action. Very 80’s retro. I’m struggling visualizing what it would look like on the gen 6.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those noisy at all? I've seen a lot of posts about light bars being noisy, wasn't sure about the sun visors. A modern take on this might look cool.

OP
OP
Xodric

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those noisy at all? I've seen a lot of posts about light bars being noisy, wasn't sure about the sun visors. A modern take on this might look cool.
Mine was never noisy. Most people complained about leaking where the bolts went into the roof, but that was due to bad/old seals.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Digging through old posts and stumbled on this. I mentioned it in another thread. I'm actually interested in this very add-on. With the roof rail mounting points also having access to wiring, I'm hoping a sunvisor with amber cab marker lights as shown in the OP could be mounted without drilling holes as the older style required.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Always loved the Lund Sunvisor/Moonvisor on the 78-79 Broncos and the 73-79 F150s. I put one on any old truck/Bronco from that era. Im hoping the aftermarket comes out with something similiar. Always felt it gave it an agressive look. What do you guys think of one on a new Bronco? If I knew how to do 3D rendering / photoshop I would see how it looks.

Ford Bronco Windshield exterior sunvisor / moonvisor tenor
?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Always love the look. Not sure how you can fish the wires nowadays with the airbags...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Always love the look. Not sure how you can fish the wires nowadays with the airbags...
There is access to wiring through the roof rail mounts on the front of the windshield. Look at the Overland Concept rig with the side-mounted pod lights. They were wired up through the front.

Along with this and the new patent that Ford has for the light up trail guides, I look forward to swapping them out and having amber cab marker lights.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is access to wiring through the roof rail mounts on the front of the windshield. Look at the Overland Concept rig with the side-mounted pod lights. They were wired up through the front.

Along with this and the new patent that Ford has for the light up trail guides, I look forward to swapping them out and having amber cab marker lights.
With the new photos of the salted A51 rig showing the amber on the signature lights, I'm hoping they are configurable to run amber instead of the bright white intersecting halo. Having amber DRLs, amber trail guides, and amber cab marker lights on the visor, there would be no mistaking my Bronco.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With a vertical windshield adding a visor is not going to help with aerodynamics. Leave it in the 80's.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked the look on those old trucks too. I'll be following this one. Hopefully someone with skills can let us know how it looks.
Sponsored