First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the Gorilla Glass on my Rubicon and it broke just as easy. I had to wait 3 months to get the replacement and double the cost. I am staying with regular if an option.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

POst the cost here and experience!
Paid a $500 deductible. Usually it’s $250 for glass with my insurance policy, but with the camera recalibration, it was double. Safelite did it. I had my wife take it to work, so they would come to her. They won’t come out to my house. At first, the guy said he probably couldn’t recalibrate the camera because it’s lifted, and wanted my wife to sign a waiver. It’s not lifted though, she had to explain that it just has aftermarket wheels and tires, but they’re the same diameter as the stock ones, and the suspension is all original. He had to get permission from his boss, they had to confirm that it came with 35s, but in the end, he got it done. Receipt said that the total for parts and labor was $1002.77, and below it listed my $500 deductible. I’m not sure if it would have been $1502 or $1002 without insurance. It is a ford oem part, they had to reschedule once because they had to get the part from Ford, and it took about 3 weeks to come in. Now we’ll just have to see if I can keep this one intact for more than 1700 miles.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the Gorilla Glass on my Rubicon and it broke just as easy. I had to wait 3 months to get the replacement and double the cost. I am staying with regular if an option.
I was told there are no aftermarket options yet.

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing the cost to replace the windshields and the likelihood of having it crack…I lowered my comprehensive deductible from $100 to $0 for only $5 for six months with Allstate. Hopefully I never have to use it though!!

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a zero deductible on glass with AAA. Arizona is made out of rocks. I end up with a cracked windshield on one of the vehicles about once a year.
Are your rates really high?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are your rates really high?
Zero deductible on the glass is only an extra $20 a year. I have the collision deductible at $1000

My rates are high, but that's because of two teenagers (one of whom rear-ended a mini-van last year). Glass repair does not count as a ding for increasing your rates.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was asking more about premiums than just the deductible.

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After seeing the cost to replace the windshields and the likelihood of having it crack…I lowered my comprehensive deductible from $100 to $0 for only $5 for six months with Allstate. Hopefully I never have to use it though!!
Sadly, those comp claims add up though, often resulting in much higher rates, or complete policy cancellation. It happened to my parents with their old 4x4 civic wagons. Those things ate rocks for breakfast !

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly, those comp claims add up though, often resulting in much higher rates, or complete policy cancellation. It happened to my parents with their old 4x4 civic wagons. Those things ate rocks for breakfast !
Would be nice if you could find a way to get the glass replaced for much cheaper than 1K
Sponsored