Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, curious what the EXOSHIELD cost? I got a couple of quotes between $450 and $600... Seems expensive...
Yes, I paid $450.00 It will depend on the installer. I looked at it as insurance. Hopefully preventing window chips and breakage. I don't want to deal with the headache of my Bronco being "down", unable to get new glass or damage caused by the glass company.
Years ago I had the windshield replaced on a car. They use a knife tool to cut through the sealant when removing the old windshield. The guy cut and scratched the A pillar and upper cross plastic molding on the inside while doing so. So I just hope I never have to deal with this on the Bronco.
Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently debating to put on Exoshield - getting quotes from $550-$650.

Was told Exoshield only lasts 1-3 years maybe so this would have to be done again?

Also have glass coverage with a 0 deductible through Auto insurance - but have been told they will only replace the OEM windshield once. Not sure if thatā€™s yearly or not? After the OEM replacement itā€™s an aftermarket brand.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have also been back and forth about this, just took delivery this last week and still undecided...but terrified to drive behind trucks now.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For $225!?!?!? Thatā€™s most peopleā€™s deductible. Not to mention every knowledgeable person Iā€™ve talked to has said the window films out there for this inevitably yellow or develop a haze needing replacement in less than a year.
I agree...I only have $100 deduct., for replacement, so I can get 2 new windshields for this price. My chip fix is $0 deduct.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to thinking...for about $20 you can go to the store and get yourself some small cable. If you really want to be fancy get the vinyl coated stuff. Run it from the windshield mounts to the hood mounts. Then attach some micro screen across the cable, WALA!!, you have a bug, branch, and stone protector. The increased aerodynamics might improve your gas mileage. Yet to be tested. Anyone want to buy stock in my company?

Last edited:

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have also been back and forth about this, just took delivery this last week and still undecided...but terrified to drive behind trucks now.
Well dont buy this snake oil. Thats for sure

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Currently debating to put on Exoshield - getting quotes from $550-$650.

Was told Exoshield only lasts 1-3 years maybe so this would have to be done again?

Also have glass coverage with a 0 deductible through Auto insurance - but have been told they will only replace the OEM windshield once. Not sure if thatā€™s yearly or not? After the OEM replacement itā€™s an aftermarket brand.

Not sure what to do at this point.
I put on the same product that nex gen is selling. I've been happy with it so far. I didn't go in blind, my friend with a wrangler has the same kit and he's coming up on two years with it on his windshield, so I'm hopeful it will last for about that long on mine. My deductible is $500 for a new windshield, so this is clearly worth it IMO even if I have to replace the film every two years.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How does this work in cold climates where we scrape frost/ice regularly?

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have sold over 200 of these and not 1 complaint. The video was done by a friend of ours in the Northwest that has never done it before. The company only lets us retail 2 kits, the Wrangler and Bronco. The windshield is flat so installation is straightforward. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No one has complained of any degraded film because of frost yet. Dust and a dry windshield will scratch it over time. Always use the windshield washer.

How does this work in cold climates where we scrape frost/ice regularly?

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have sold over 200 of these and not 1 complaint. The video was done by a friend of ours in the Northwest that has never done it before. The company only lets us retail 2 kits, the Wrangler and Bronco. The windshield is flat so installation is straightforward. Let us know if you have any questions.
Yea I should be getting my film on Wednesday, hoping the install goes really well! Gonna take my time and prep the crap outta the windshield.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one has complained of any degraded film because of frost yet. Dust and a dry windshield will scratch it over time. Always use the windshield washer.
How does it hold up to an ice scraper? I am talking about sub-zero temps of northern Montana.

OP
OP
Nexgenbronco

Nexgenbronco

First Name
Alkesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would imagine it would not hold up to that. I have to be perfectly honest with you, I have zero feedback for that situation.

QUOTE="Silver-Bolt, post: 1709260, member: 5508"]
How does it hold up to an ice scraper? I am talking about sub-zero temps of northern Montana.
[/QUOTE]

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not afraid of a little DIY and I installed some Lamin-X on my bronco for ~$140. I also would rather not F with insurance or deal with the monkeys at the glass shop if I can help it. Have heard half a dozen rocks bounce off here in Alaska with no chips.

That being said, it was not easy to install and a pre shrunk/cut kit would have been awesome for the extra money.
Hi, where did you get that and how happy are you with it so far? anything you'd do differently?
Thanks
Sponsored