Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read alot of post on here that windshields are getting cracked easily by rocks due to the angle of the windshield. Just found out that there is a protection flim designed for windshields an was curious if anyone on here had this done to their bronco and or have any thoughts.
Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think stock car windshield tear offs. Dust scratched easily.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Search on windshields and you can spend the rest of your life reading.

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine caught a rock just to the left of where the mirror is hung. Was on an on ramp going about 35mph, windshield immediately chipped and cracked about 7 inches.
1500 miles in to having it.
These windshields really suck.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked about this windshield protection film where I had some ppf done and my windows tinted. They said it isn't worth the money and they can't guarantee you won't crack your windshield. In AZ where I live, windshield replacement is a routine thing so I followed the shop's advice and passed on it.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Exoshield on mine, got hit with a rock and it just dimpled the film. Not sure the cost cause the shop I work at put it on from a sample that was sent, I have to clean it often and make sure the wipers are clean. But I’ll take that over a cracked windshield, it goes edge to edge and has to been heat shrunk to the windshield before applying it. I think the website says they last like 3 years and recommend having it ceramic coated to help prolong its life. Not sure what other products are out there but I’m glad I have something, I also try to avoid driving behind anything with large tires, jeeps, trucks, and trailers. If I have to I give enough room to avoid possible flying debris.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am on my 3rd windshield and got ExoShield put on mine. Doing good so far, had it done in February and have gone to Hurricane, UT and back and daily drive my truck. No cracks and I am sure I have had rocks hit it (this is Colorado and rocks on the road is a constant occurrence).

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I installed Dynoflex protective film on mine. I’ve heard my windshield get hit a couple of times on the highway and my windshield has been fine. Install was $600, so it was worth it to me to have done. I can’t stand having to replace windshields.

Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed Dynoflex protective film on mine. I’ve heard my windshield get hit a couple of times on the highway and my windshield has been fine. Install was $600, so it was worth it to me to have done. I can’t stand having to replace windshields.
Is it a permanent addition or does it need to be replaced every few years?

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've read alot of post on here that windshields are getting cracked easily by rocks due to the angle of the windshield. Just found out that there is a protection flim designed for windshields an was curious if anyone on here had this done to their bronco and or have any thoughts.
I did purchase this with my Bronco, I had broke a few windshields in the past with my jeep and i figured it would be a smart thing to have just in case...

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
l have ceramic-coated Exoshield on mine. I have had strikes on it hard enough to bust a piece of Exoshield out , but no actual windshield chips so far. I think it’s paid off the $500 cost.

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been in the glass business for a lot of years, the best advice I can give on windshields like the Bronco and jeeps is to have a low
deductible for glass replacement. A rock hits' your windshield right
and it's going to break. And that happens a lot with flat windshields like these. No matter the kind of glass it is.
Sponsored