Sponsored

Windshield Recalibration W/O CoPilot360?

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need to have the windshield replaced in my rather basic Black Diamond with no Mid/Lux package. Do I still need to have it recalibrated after the windshield is replaced, since it does have the standard pre-collision assist and automatic braking system? I'm not sure if this system runs off the windshield sensor, or a bumper sensor.

Hoping I don't have to pay the $400 calibration fee.
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

I suppose you opted for aftermarket glass? If so then yes. Oem glass is held to some optic standard. So the factory calibration will be fine. Safelite is at it, like quick change was in the 80s 90s 3k oil change. All owners manuals specified 7500 for normal use. Pay it, the more calibrations the better off it will be right?

OP
OP
ProdigyJKU

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suppose you opted for aftermarket glass? If so then yes. Oem glass is held to some optic standard. So the factory calibration will be fine. Safelite is at it, like quick change was in the 80s 90s 3k oil change. All owners manuals specified 7500 for normal use. Pay it, the more calibrations the better off it will be right?
I did read something about the OEM possibly not requiring it, but Safelight is still showing calibration for both windshields. Aftermarket glass is $400, OEM is $700.

The tried looking it up by VIN, but it's not registered yet sinces it's a new model.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone got theirs replaced and they did the calibration though I’m not exactly what the calibration is exactly for when you don’t have the lane keeping function. That programming is for re-aligning the camera to the road lines for lane keeping functions. The pre collision assist which also uses the same camera just looks to determine if a vehicle is about to collide with you or you with them. There’s nothing that technically needs to be aligned unless the mounts were so far out of whack the camera is looking towards the sky (not exactly possible).

But I’m not a camera nutritionist so I can’t say for certain. Just from way of the wording in the manual, camera alignment procedures refer only to vehicles with a lane assist system.
Sponsored