First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took the rig out today for some snow wheeling action and had a BLAST pounding the rig through the trails.

Ford Bronco Winter Wheeling - Dresser WI 1646539971874

I'm kinda sad we didn't take more pictures or videos but the positive reaction from EVERYONE there sure made us feel great. People were running to the tops of the hills to see us blast up stuff and make our way through the snow.

I aired down to 26lbs and started off in mud/ruts but eventually (accidently) got into normal mode and the traction control made a big difference going through the trails. I was amazed how well the truck climbed without any lockers, the 2.7/10 speed was simply nuts how it would instantly pick up momentum and just blast up hills I wouldn't even expect it to tackle. I was able to do some real sketch climbs and it just took it like a boss and kept asking for more. I'm talking 24* icy hill climbs with no run-up with a tight left hand turn at the top with an even steeper exit - no problem.

I beat the crap out of this thing, WOT hill assaults, smacking bump stops, using the rock sliders, kissing the under belly and it just took it like a champ. I was very impressed on how the front rarely hit on steep stuff but even more surprisingly how the rear didn't hit the ground and grab like my 90's Bronco does on the trail. Needless to say I can't wait to get this thing into the dirt, 2700 miles on it and in a couple hours I went through half a tank of gas, lol.

My only complaint is when I've got wheel speed and I'm about to crest a hill I'll lift and then try and get back into it but it does something funny with the trans - I think it's trying to shift or something and it will kill momentum. I'm wondering if baja or sport mode would have made a difference, but I'm not sure I can be in those modes in low range. Either way, it's really only a snow wheeling issue as I won't be doing anything like that in the dirt or rocks. I've got to do a tie rod inspection and air the tires back up, the wife will be taking it to work on Monday and I want to be sure everything is A ok.
Sponsored

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like fun! Are there some marked trails or off road park in the area?

OP
OP
KyleQ

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like fun! Are there some marked trails or off road park in the area?
Dresser, WI is where the park is. 4 main marked trails that are fully established with multiple lines and bypasses. I've had a ton of fun on a bone stock 94 FSB all the way up to my Bronco on tons and 43's - it's great. Chetek, WI has a fantastic park run by RPM4x4 and they hold a few events a year that are totally worth checking out as well.

I've got a mismatch of content from the parks on my channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/D3thM3tal/featured
Sponsored