Sponsored

Winter wheels/tires for Sasquatch (wheel offset and tire size)

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello All,

If you own a Sasquatch and want your winter tires to be narrower for better snowy road performance and stability on your Bronco AND you also want the outer edge of the tires to sit more or less at the same location as the stock 35in tires, what size wheels, offset and tire size do you need to buy?

Want: Same diameter as OEM Squatch, narrower winter tire, wheel offset that makes the narrower tires reach "out" as much as stock SAS tires.

What tire size needed?
What wheel width and offset needed?
Pics?

Thank you all!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update - I am debating using a 275/65r20 Blizzak LT tire (normaly used on 3/4 ton trucks) to maitain that 34.1 diameter tire size .

OR

Using a 275/70r18 Blizzak again in LT for a 33.2 tire diameter.

Last option a smaller 265/70r18 Micelin Xice SUV tire that would be 32.6in diameter.

I worry the LT tires will be harsh.

I worry the 265/70R18 CUV tires will be too small-looking on MY SAS

I am still set on running "true" winter tires.

Last edited:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a huge fan of Nokian Hakkapeliita LT3 for my winter tires.

Available from B6G sponsor discount tire. I plan to run 285/70r17, which will fit just fine on your Sasquatch rims. Also available in your stock Sasquatch size 315/70r17.

Nokian’s are hands down the absolute best winter tire currently available.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nokian-tire-hakkapeliitta-lt3

@DiscountTire

OP
OP

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Nokian are an option but I would like to run a narrower tire if possible which is why I am looking at 275 or 265. I would buy narrower if I could if the diameter is there.

Also I plan on buying dedicated winter wheels that I will swap myself rather than paying for tire install.

Last edited:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think there is anything commercially available that meets your specifications.

Sponsored

MNSnowyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Greetings, I was going to see if this solution may work for this thread and for myself personally. I have a set of basically brand new blizzack lt275/65r20 winter tires on an extra set of rims from my previously lifted 2017 Nissan Titan XD. The bolt pattern on the nissan rims is the same as the broncos at 6x139. 7. If I can put the Titans wheel/tire combo on it would be transitioning from
315/70R17 to lt275/65r20. Would this solution work?

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m a huge fan of Nokian Hakkapeliita LT3 for my winter tires.

Available from B6G sponsor discount tire. I plan to run 285/70r17, which will fit just fine on your Sasquatch rims. Also available in your stock Sasquatch size 315/70r17.

Nokian’s are hands down the absolute best winter tire currently available.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nokian-tire-hakkapeliitta-lt3

@DiscountTire
For Intermountain Rockies (dry snow, persistent freeze thaw cycles, cold temps, not obscene amounts of snow) I totally agree. In the Coastal ranges (more consistent, warmer temps, obscene amounts of snow) there are better tires.

I'm running studded Nokians in winter here in CO and there are great for our conditions.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Nokian are an option but I would like to run a narrower tire if possible which is why I am looking at 275 or 265. I would buy narrower if I could is the diameter is there.

Also I plan on buying dedicated winter wheels that I will swap myself rather than paying for tire install.
If purchased at Discount Tire they will swap for free.

OP
OP

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys!

After spending way too miuch time researching this, I poured water into my wine and am now set on ordering some 275/65r18 Mihcelin X-ice on 18X9 wheels with a +12 offset

So I am now going for a smaller diameter pacakge a 32.1 inch setup...

Main reason is that the 275/65/20 only comes in LT tires might be too stiff IMO and are also going to be heavier and rob more MPGS that regular SAS tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Greetings, I was going to see if this solution may work for this thread and for myself personally. I have a set of basically brand new blizzack lt275/65r20 winter tires on an extra set of rims from my previously lifted 2017 Nissan Titan XD. The bolt pattern on the nissan rims is the same as the broncos at 6x139. 7. If I can put the Titans wheel/tire combo on it would be transitioning from
315/70R17 to lt275/65r20. Would this solution work?
Depending on the offset and width of your 20in wheels yes it would work I believe.
Sponsored