First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The F150 doesn’t use the “smart” wiper motors like the bronco. I believe those have a totally different failure.
The Bronco doesn't use "smart" wipers either.
Sponsored

Gfsteam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The F150 doesn’t use the “smart” wiper motors like the bronco. I believe those have a totally different failure.
I'm experiencing a "not so smart" wiper motor

nothingface

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr OBX Bronco, Range Rover Sport, CBR600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish there was a way to get more information about the F-150 wiper motor recall. From what I have been able to find it seems like the same thing.
I brought this up to one of the service people, and they indicated that on the F-150 the motor completely stops working, so at least based on that description it seems like a different issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I brought this up to one of the service people, and they indicated that on the F-150 the motor completely stops working, so at least based on that description it seems like a different issue.
Yep. The F150s have an issue with the integrated circuit boards in the motor and will just completely stop when bad.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, it seems that this problem is happening to late 2022 builds and early 2023 builds.

I was wondering, can folks on this forum thread can do two things here in reply:

1. State rough build date of your Bronco with the issue.
2. Come back and update your reply if you got it fixed, how you got it fixed, what the fix was.

Our Bronco, which has the wiper issue, is a 2022 Badlands Sasquatch, built week of 10/17/2023.

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, it seems that this problem is happening to late 2022 builds and early 2023 builds.
Considering that this thread was started in 2021, it seems to me that you are incorrect.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My early 2023 black diamond i believe November build does this. It's a real pain in the ass. Starts fast then slows down to intermittent. Have to constantly turn the knob back and forth. If it is raining hard and I have it in the fastest setting it seems to stay going but slower speeds just turns into intermittent. And eventually almost nothing. My wifes April 22 build black diamond is fine no issues at all. I was wondering if there is any settings or forscan tricks for fixing this?

p18303

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... I brought my Bronco back to the dealer for the wiper issue. The first time they told me they shut off the smart sensing function. Well, that did not solve the problem. Same issue. I brought it back to the dealer. Low and behold they were able to reproduce the problem, which is not too surprising, since the malfunction occurs 95% of the time I use the wipers. They had water running on the windshield and turned the wipers on, and sure enough the wipers went into limp mode even on the low continuous setting. I do not believe it is a rain sensor issue, since a previous poster said if you raise the wipers off of the windshield, it doesn't go into limp mode even with a dry windshield. At first they said it was designed that way to protect the motor, but the service advisor and I agreed that it probably means it was designed to shut off if you run the windshield wipers on a dry windshield, not in a downpour. Just had the windshield wiper motor replaced today. Will have to check to see if it works the next time it rains, but I am hopeful. It already seems to act differently. Previously, when I put the wipers into the slow intermittent settings, the wipers seemed to wipe in slow motion across the windshield. Now it operates at a normal speed across the windshield and pauses in between wipes like every other car I have owned. Will post again after a rain.

Sponsored

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure exactly of the build date but guessing our 2023 was a late December or early Jan build, we picked it up the day it landed at the dealer Jan 20. Will advise on a diagnosis and fix. BTW My 2021 f150 has a wiper motor recall open as well, unsure of any issues on it.

CavScout

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco, 2023 Kia Sportage, 2008 HD CVO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all... Just signed up for this site after picking up my new Big Bend and doing a Google search for wiper issues LOL
2023 model, build date in Dec'22.

Now I immediately called and made a service appointment after my truck did this immediately. No recalls or TSBs still for this issue. In between calling and appointment date, all I changed in the car settings was turning on the courtesy wipe (of course it hasn't rained since) and lol and behold, the dealership has a leak test stand set up for when they replace glass. Well, 5 minutes on high, and then 5 on low continuous, it didn't do it for them at all when I couldn't drive in the rain without them acting up doing the slow down game. Unknown if changing the courtesy wipe settings did anything? Or if it just wasn't playing for the dealership - guess I'll know the next time I'm on the expressway driving in the rain! At least it's documented at the dealer now and I'll update once I know.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 23 Badlands is having this issue too. Fiancé is currently driving and we’re in moderate rain but on the continuous low setting it would go to intermittent and she would have to flip flop from continuous low/continuous high to keep the wipers going as desired. Our wipers also wipe in slow motion on the lower settings like the above poster. Built 11/25.

Last edited:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please don't flame me... it is hard to tell exactly how much rain is on the windshield in that video.

However...

IF they are "smart" motors that slow down once higher resistance is felt due to lack of moisture on the windshield, then it looked like they were working as designed.

Like I said, hard to tell how much rain is hitting the windshield, but it didn't look like enough to impair visibility. I do realize that's subjective. Visual acuity and simple tolerance for what's on your windshield varies from person to person. So in the end, if it's enough moisture on your windshield to bother you then it is impairing your visibility.

Double Deuce

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Eruption Green Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Outer Banks in December, built in mid-November. Having the same issue as everyone else, runs on continuous for about a minute, then goes intermittent. I just switch back and forth to keep it moving, didn't bother reaching out to the dealer yet since it doesn't seem like anyone knows what the problem is. Will be following this thread to see if anyone finds a solution.
Sponsored