First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was a weird situation, 22F and freezing Drizzle, on surface streets (45-50 mph) it was an inconvenience to have the wipers slow. But on the highway at 65-70 it was dangerous as it hampered visibility and made me concentrate on flipping the switch almost constantly.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's certainly a strange one and a concern for sure. I drove through quite some rain storms in I5 a couple days ago, no issues at all at any setting, but that's been the only real rain it's seen. I hope they can find out what's the problem and address it. I don't get all that much rain where I live and usually plan my errands around times when it's not raining when possible, so can't really test this unless I want to set up a sprinkler.
Bronco did great in the rain on that trip though, high winds and it's just planted on the road, impressive.

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like once us PNW'ers get our Broncos we'll be complaining en masse. We can't be on the freeways around Seattle without working wipers, that's not going to end well for a lot of folks. Hopefully Ford will step up and sort this out shortly.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.
Yes. Noticing this same issue. Not a big deal IMO but would like to get it fixed or corrected.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update

I took to the dealer and they reprogrammed the wipers with the only program available to them and it made no difference. Driving to work this morning in a wet snow storm and wipers on high speed they shut off and went into a slow intermittent mode after 30-40 seconds.

Someone is really going to hurt if this is not corrected.

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Watching this closely. Experienced the exact same thing just an hour ago. Will ask a dealer about it.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update

I called Ford Canada to report issue. They documented the issue and told me to take it back to the dealer and tell them to look at it again and for them to report it to the ford hotline if it could not fix. The dealer could not stop the issue from happening. So I am sure it has been escalated to engineering.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was doing the same here today in CT.
I suggest call Ford corporate. More that do they will take it serious. I still have not heard back anything.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today was the first time I have needed my windshield wipers for more than a quick swipe or two. When I turned the knob to continuous it wiped for approximately one minute and then started wiping intermittently. It did this on normal and on high. That’s the absolute last thing I want to happen when I need the wipers, especially in the freezing rain like it was today. I had to switch the wipers to another setting and then back just to keep from losing my windshield to ice buildup. I have gone through all of the settings and nothing seems out of place.

@Ford Motor Company This needs to be addressed RIGHT NOW. Someone is going to get hurt when their windshield ices up because of this.

Sponsored

LtsGoBrandon

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine does the same thing. After about a minute or so of being placed on regular or fast speed, it automatically slows down and becomes intermittent.

Only way to overcome this is to constantly switch wiper speeds between regular and fast speeds once it defaults into intermittent.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Call me another victim...

Driving Seattle to Westport, Washington and back in the same day. Happened many times.

I knew we would see issues beingearly
Adopters. My problem is that the dealership is so understaffed that I can't even get things looked at/fixed. Parts for TSBs are not available. (hardtop leak)
Both Broncos have leaks, FE has this windshield wiper thing, FE had to get the door adjusted, I have a feeling both will break a door window as they are constantly catching on the top... and now the wiper.

i have owned an FJ cruiser since day 1 available in the states. Alternator, wheel bearing, blower motor, door pin sensor. 155k miles. It's NEVER been to a dealer other than for a recall on the tires.

still love the Bronco though

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Call me another victim...

Driving Seattle to Westport, Washington and back in the same day. Happened many times.

I knew we would see issues beingearly
Adopters. My problem is that the dealership is so understaffed that I can't even get things looked at/fixed. Parts for TSBs are not available. (hardtop leak)
Both Broncos have leaks, FE has this windshield wiper thing, FE had to get the door adjusted, I have a feeling both will break a door window as they are constantly catching on the top... and now the wiper.

i have owned an FJ cruiser since day 1 available in the states. Alternator, wheel bearing, blower motor, door pin sensor. 155k miles. It's NEVER been to a dealer other than for a recall on the tires.

still love the Bronco though
What was wrong with the FE door? I noticed my front passenger door doesn’t sit totally flush when closed at the bottom. Might need a slight adjustment?

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.
noticed, i picked mine up in the rain, drove many hours home, its like they try to be "automatic" with the delay time, when you put it on 1 setting they are too fast, next one they go intermitttant, frustrating!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What was wrong with the FE door? I noticed my front passenger door doesn’t sit totally flush when closed at the bottom. Might need a slight adjustment?
Drivers side rear door was scraping the flare. Adjusted door, replaced flare and had to touch up paint on door edge.
Sponsored