Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else having issues with Wireless Android Auto disconnecting? Sometimes it will connect back on its own but other times it won't reconnect with out turning the truck off then back on. I thought I had read where it was an issue but I could not find the post.
Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have issues when just streaming audio over bluetooth?

Or could you switch to hard-wired?

My Pixel 4XL always had bluetooth issues. I fixed it by getting an iPhone. lol.

OP
OP
abdickson70

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, streaming audio, but it would totally disconnect from Android Auto so google maps navigation was lost as well. I have the latest Samsung so I don't believe it is the phones issue.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No but it's pretty buggy. Probably phone related?

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else having issues with Wireless Android Auto disconnecting? Sometimes it will connect back on its own but other times it won't reconnect with out turning the truck off then back on. I thought I had read where it was an issue but I could not find the post.
This happened once or twice with my old Galaxy S9; I assumed it was a combination of old phone and user error (haven't used Android Auto before so never quite got it sorted on that phone). Haven't had that issue since switching to my Pixel 5, but then again I haven't tried doing much except Maps.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also where is your phone? Mine would occasionally drop if I had it in my left pocket. It seemed to do better when I had it in my right pocket, in the center cubby hole, or even up on the dash.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a bunch of connectivity problems with Android Auto. Spotify continuously shuts down, says it's not available, then comes back to the previous menu and you have start the track again.

This happens whether wired or wireless.

This doesn't happen in other new vehicles (Toyota Sienna).

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get an Android Auto disconnected error every time I drive by the airport. Never fails and it is in the spot. However, even though I get the error, most the time the AA continues to work.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I get the same. After 5 days of ownership it just sometimes happens and I'm choosing not to worry about it right now as it's pretty infrequent.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a Galaxy S10 since it was first released and had it when I first got my Bronco. Android Auto would lock up and the screen would become unresponsive about once or so per week, sometimes more. It was infuriating because you couldn't get back to Sync or anything. Music would continue playing, but the screen would remain locked up. Restarting the Bronco was the only solution.

About a month and half ago my employer started paying for my phone and bought me an iPhone 13 Pro. I have noticed zero issues with wireless CarPlay and this iPhone. It's very Apple and just works, which is what I prefer. I do like Android, but with all the different OEM's running the software on such different hardware, it can be hit or miss at times for Android Auto.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had it happen a couple of times on our recent long road trip. It is fine if connected by wire, but wireless would just disconnect and I couldn’t reconnect until the Bronco had been turned off and restarted.

It only happened when I’d been using it for quite a while - I haven’t had any issues on shorter trips. Of course, both times it happened I was in the middle of using the navigation in a place I’d never been…

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure android auto itself and all apps you use on it are updated. It's not just specific phones or just because a phone is a few years old.

Galaxy S10 here and I've never had a single problem. I've only used wireless. It's fast and responsive even with voice commands.

I've never used it for over an hour or so though. I see people are reporting errors after longer use.

OP
OP
abdickson70

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also where is your phone? Mine would occasionally drop if I had it in my left pocket. It seemed to do better when I had it in my right pocket, in the center cubby hole, or even up on the dash.
On the dash or cubby the whole time.

1dayi'llhaveabronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Galaxy note 20 and no issues. I have had it connected for 7hrs on trip to Florida. No issues using phone and streaming music. I agree to make sure you have the latest updates.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same problem and wish there was a solution. I update Android Auto every time there is a new update but continue to have the same problem. It will just disconnect randomly... maybe. :oops:

For example, I have noticed that every time I drive through a certain spot, it will disconnect. So it seems to be related to a cell dead spot. But that doesn't make sense to me because the WiFi connection between my cell phone and my Bronco should have nothing to do with my cell service. Furthermore, I download my maps for offline navigation and Wireless Android Auto works great even when I'm far from cell service. I am still troubleshooting but very confused why it randomly disconnects but also disconnects in the same spot every time.
Sponsored