First Name
Kelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My carplay works fine plugged into the standard USB port. I just plugged it in, give it 5 seconds and the Carplay icon shows up on the lower left of the screen, 2nd option over. I have not tried it wirelessly, did not see an option for that, But standard Bluetooth seemed to work fine as well.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you switch to just Bluetooth in the Bronco?

My 2020 Raptor is Bluetooth or WIRED apple carplay so if I dont plug in it defaults to BT.
My wife's 22 Acura MDX is wireless carplay or in the menu you can tell it to use BT only. - Hoping the Bronco is like this also.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you sure about this? My 2019 Raptor is only wired for Apple CarPlay.

BTW ... Wireless Apple CarPlay in my M2 is flawless.

My 2020 Raptor is Bluetooth or WIRED

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven’t had any issues. How recent is your iPhone?

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you sure about this? My 2019 Raptor is only wired for Apple CarPlay.

BTW ... Wireless Apple CarPlay in my M2 is flawless.
Apologies I may have misled you...I can play music / use phone over BT not the carplay integration applications (Waze, etc.)...carplay is wired only.

I thought the OP wanted another alternative to use music and phone not all of the carplay functionailty. I probably misunderstood...more coffee!

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wasn't impressed with the android wireless in the demo I drove either.... it would connect but if you skipped through songs too quickly it seemed to freeze up and I'd have to disconnect and reconnect each time. I let the dealership know about it.

Ford Sync hasn't been great with Apple or Android in any of our vehicles. I have to master reset the system in my 2017 Taurus about once a month. My fiancé just had to replace the entire system in his 2018 F150. Sure doesn't sound like it's gotten any better now 😑

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't have any real issues, I use Carplay wireless. Maybe a touch slow. Badlands with Lux, iPhone 12 Pro which might make a difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bluetooth works great in mine, except that I plug in for CarPlay. I’m new to Apple Music, but it’s my understanding you have to be plugged in for CarPlay, no?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bronco has wireless apple carplay and YES you can plug in BUT Apple Carplay can be engaged without plugging in.

and new to the 2021 F150, apple carplay is also wireless.

Bluetooth works great in mine, except that I plug in for CarPlay. I’m new to Apple Music, but it’s my understanding you have to be plugged in for CarPlay, no?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
I believe to use ACP wired all you need to do is plug in the phone. The owner's manual does not specify a specific USB port.

Ford Bronco Wireless Apple Carplay is Awful Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.13.53

OP
OP

KelEddy

Badlands
First Name
Kelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I need to get in and play with it some more. I feel like when my phone connects wireless and I plug it in, nothing seems to change. I'll mess with it some more.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wireless CarPlay in my 2021 Yukon isn’t great either. It works most of the time, but sometimes not. I think the tech is just buggy at this stage. Hopefully over the air updates will bring some stability in the future.
Sponsored