Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't played around with sync 4 but sync 3 in my explorer is aweful. There is an apps section but most apps on there are useless or unpopular. I feel their software engineers get paid to look at a blank screen all day.

I give credit to Tesla in this aspect because they are great with software and update regularly unlike Ford's once a century updates but who knows maybe sync 4's push updates may actually change that but doubtful.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting, my car play works well and sounds good (compared to satellite) , but Sirius sounds terrible and cuts out with any tree cover whatsoever. I have had Sirius in a number of vehicles and it gets worse every time.
Sirius sucks, just saying.

judah3497

Base
First Name
bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
A delay of about 2 seconds is normal, and I've seen a lot of people report that, unless you change the navigation, they'll just embed that chip directly into the new navigation, and there won't be any problems. The adapter I bought two years ago also has a little delay, but overall it works well. At that time, it cost me $139 to buy it on Amazon. Some time ago, I received an email about their new arrival carlinkit 4.0. Then I only spent $82 with their discount coupon: NEW50, probably due to the improvements in the new chip, it's faster than before, which makes me feel no lag at all. Here is the one i bought: https://carlinkitbox.com/products/u...er-carbon-fiber-dongle?variant=43177041264893

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wireless Car Play sucks your battery power big time........... I am going to experiment running with the phone on the charging pad to see if that makes a difference. Problem with that is that I forget to take my phone when I exit the vehicle. I am used to it being plugged in, sitting in the cup holder.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
I have had my OBX for a year and have no issues with carplay. Do you have an old phone?

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yeah mine has worked flawlessly too.

judah3497

Base
First Name
bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wireless Car Play sucks your battery power big time........... I am going to experiment running with the phone on the charging pad to see if that makes a difference. Problem with that is that I forget to take my phone when I exit the vehicle. I am used to it being plugged in, sitting in the cup holder.
If it is a long drive, it is indeed more convenient to use wired carplay. I've heard about wireless charging pads, but I haven't used them yet.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Works good for me.

Squatch Parade

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what model phone are you using? if you have an old phone it might be too slow. it uses a lot of power... so make sure your phone is on the charger too. you could also try updating and restoring the phone, if you have a lot of stuff running on it.

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine seems to work fine. No issues!

judah3497

Base
First Name
bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
My previous 3.0 was a little delayed, but the new 4.0 worked flawlessly.
ok, I got the 3.0 for $120 from Amazon two years ago, and received the 4.0 from their official store with only $82 two months ago, here is the link: https://carlinkitbox.com/
By the way, Has anyone of you replaced the front seat window glass for your bronco?
I woke up this morning and found that one of my car windows was broken by someone with a sharp object, but there is no surveillance here, I am really angry. It should be very expensive to find a 4S shop for replacement, so I want to know how you all deal with it. Thanks

casian

Base
First Name
casian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
ok, I got the 3.0 for $120 from Amazon two years ago, and received the 4.0 from their official store with only $82 two months ago, here is the link: https://carlinkitbox.com/
By the way, Has anyone of you replaced the front seat window glass for your bronco?
I woke up this morning and found that one of my car windows was broken by someone with a sharp object, but there is no surveillance here, I am really angry. It should be very expensive to find a 4S shop for replacement, so I want to know how you all deal with it. Thanks
Hey, I just saw their ads of new products and I was wondering if any of you have used their dash cam? The price is similar to the AI BOX, but the function is a combination of driving recorder and AI Box. I want to buy it, but I see there is no feedback of this product yet, because it is new arrival. So I am not sure whether it is good to use or not.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank goodness they did not try to steal your Bronco. Did the alarm not go off?
Sponsored