Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Hyundai has wireless AA and CarPlay. When I purchased it I had an Android and it worked great. Switched to iPhone and never have been able to get wireless to work. Still not sure if it’s a problem with my car or phone but it is frustrating.
Yeah, my wife's iPhone has always been horrible at wireless charging compared to my galaxies.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Meh, I've never understood the draw of Wireless CarPlay anyway. If I'm in my car I want my phone charging. Plug in the phone and go. Wired CarPlay is awesome.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
I don’t have mine yet but I was at the Off Rodeo this past weekend and synced my phone to check it out. I had the same issues. It took a second or two to execute demands. It was a little annoying I have to say.

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Bronco 2 weeks ago and I've not noticed anything odd. Seems to be working well.

OP
OP

KelEddy

Badlands
First Name
Kelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks again for all the suggestions. My GF has a newer iPhone model than mine so I'm going to try it out after work today. Not the end of the world, just frustrating that it takes a second or two to skip songs.

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Works well with no lag in my Bronco. The only issue I have is sometimes CarPlay doesn't automatically pop up on the screen and I have to shut off the car and restart it but this has only happened maybe 2-3 times in a month.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my 4 door Badlands high package for about 3 weeks now and just wanted to let everyone know the Wireless Carplay is frustratingly awful. There is about a 2 second delay every time you push a button and the audio will randomly cut in and out while driving. My 2016 4runner doesn't have Carplay, but has no trouble playing music or directions via Bluetooth.

I've tried resetting/updating everything but it still doesn't seem to help. Also not sure how to run Carplay wired via the USB ports. Do I need to completely disconnect wireless first? Can I use USB, or does it have to be the USB-C port?

Hate to complain about something so minor when I should just be happy it's in my garage and not a holding lot, but hopefully this is something that can be fixed.
Video or it didn't happen? 🤔

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wireless Apple CarPlay is notoriously bad across all CAR makes and models. I had a friend that had it on his BMW and told me it was unusable.

There's probably a lot of variability depending on the model phone that you are using it with too.

Sponsored

whcarter1007

First Edition
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My only problem is there is no homepage on Apple CarPlay. If I want to go back to adjust tone settings, etc. I have to exit CarPlay on my phone and/or restart the vehicle. I brought it up to Ford, and they are supposedly working on an update.

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an Iphone8 and mine is a bit laggy as the OP stated, but works as it should. Havent had it cut out or anything yet. I dont always want my phone plugged in so I personally like having the wireless apple carplay. This is my first car with apple carplay and its honestly amazing in my opinion. Makes having an actual navigation system useless.

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only problem is there is no homepage on Apple CarPlay. If I want to go back to adjust tone settings, etc. I have to exit CarPlay on my phone and/or restart the vehicle. I brought it up to Ford, and they are supposedly working on an update.
You should be able to go back into Ford Sync and adjust audio settings. And the home page is the app page at the bottom left corner.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was probably already answered. but my two cents. I would just plug mine in anyway (regular ipod cord or usb c dont matter.) I wondered how the wireless car play would work thanks for the heads up

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use wireless chargers all the time, everywhere (but the car so far) but this is why when I install in the Bronco, it will be a MagSafe wireless charger. It aligns the phone on the charger with magnets and holds it in place. Perfect for a moving vehicle. Plus, the OEM wireless isn't high powered speed charge enabled. The one I install will be.. I plan to install it in the same location as the factory charger.
Are you getting the Lux package and then replacing the wireless charger? or doing high/mid and adding one? I have an IPHONE 12 PRO too so interested what your plan is. I currently have an OBX Lux on order
Sponsored