Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Bronco last week and have been loving it so far. I just noticed today that after placing my phone on the wireless charging pad, it will charge for about 5 minutes and then just stops.

Curious if anyone else has had the same issue and if so, how did you get it fixed.

I will be reaching out to the dealer tomorrow and will update once I hear back.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have heard anecdotally that many car companies have problems with these wireless charging pads. These problems are often corrected with vehicle software updates.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it by chance an iPhone 12 or 13? The issues with the 12 seem to be pretty common out there.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Bronco last week and have been loving it so far. I just noticed today that after placing my phone on the wireless charging pad, it will charge for about 5 minutes and then just stops.

Curious if anyone else has had the same issue and if so, how did you get it fixed.

I will be reaching out to the dealer tomorrow and will update once I hear back.
Iphone or Android?

OP
OP
nbdybeatsthewiz

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it by chance an iPhone 12 or 13? The issues with the 12 seem to be pretty common out there.
Itā€™s a iPhone 12. What are the reported issues? I havenā€™t seen anything yet

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my two door FE today. I have the same issue with a brand new iPhone 13 Pro. Iā€™m planning to use a cable regardless because the sound is better wired vs Bluetooth.

I also had a weird bug with my passenger window not wanting to roll up all the way. Twice it rolled back down on its own half way.

Deleted member 3063

not exactly helpful to call out a phone problem without saying what phone.
it's like Ford is on the hook for any incompatibility but phone makers get a pass.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So disappointing since that was the feature I was paying $5000 for.
There are so many better features in that package. I have wireless charging in my vehicles and rarely use it. Itā€™s slow. Heats the phone up. I typically use it only when I am not using the phone and am just looking to keep it near full.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I picked up my two door FE today. I have the same issue with a brand new iPhone 13 Pro. Iā€™m planning to use a cable regardless because the sound is better wired vs Bluetooth.

I also had a weird bug with my passenger window not wanting to roll up all the way. Twice it rolled back down on its own half way.
Your window is because the indexing wasnā€™t done correctly. Very easy to fix and common with windows that have auto up and down due to the pinch protection.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have one in my 2021 Honda Accord and it does the same thing. I quit using it and just plug my phone in. I think itā€™s the phone case

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s a iPhone 12. What are the reported issues? I havenā€™t seen anything yet
https://www.google.com/search?q=iph...ging&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Thereā€™s a good number of complaints on the web for various Ford vehicles. I believe it has something to do with the MagSafe charger. There are even some complaints about it on this forum I believe.
I still have an XR (and no Bronco) but I was contemplating when I eventually get a bronco and a newer phone trying to wire up a MagSafe charger in that same spot instead. Not ideal considering that Iā€™d be paying for the wireless charging in the lux package, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a solution out there somewhere.

Peejmane

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your window is because the indexing wasnā€™t done correctly. Very easy to fix and common with windows that have auto up and down due to the pinch protection.
Is this a dealer fix or can you troubleshoot the window problem at home?

side note, I too am having the Bluetooth problem. Itā€™s very frustrating and seems to always happen in heavy traffic areas and areas that have tall buildings. $50k for a dream has been worth it, but itā€™s still on Ford to fix this with the money for this suv!
Sponsored