Sponsored

Wiring aftermarket interior lighting to work with factory lights?

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the first video he tied into the rear cargo light, so that should come on and off with the cargo light. Still not a clean solution but suffices for cargo lighting. The second video was wired into the cigarette lighter power source which would require a switch for operation like you said.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the first video he tied into the rear cargo light, so that should come on and off with the cargo light. Still not a clean solution but suffices for cargo lighting. The second video was wired into the cigarette lighter power source which would require a switch for operation like you said.
No. It will not come on and off with the cargo light. That’s not how the light circuits in the Bronco work. He used the remote for a reason.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. It will not come on and off with the cargo light. That’s not how the light circuits in the Bronco work. He used the remote for a reason.
Ok I must have missed that part.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok I must have missed that part.
Ya the 3 wire PWM lights keep you from adding additional lights that power on and off with the factory lights. You can use the hot side to get power, but it will stay hot 60 minutes after doors close. It’s actually the power saver circuit. At that point it’s pretty much the same as just getting power from the power port. You need a switch either way.

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ya the 3 wire PWM lights keep you from adding additional lights that power on and off with the factory lights. You can use the hot side to get power, but it will stay hot 60 minutes after doors close. It’s actually the power saver circuit. At that point it’s pretty much the same as just getting power from the power port. You need a switch either way.
Ok then has anyone figured out a way to have cabin lights come on with the doors opening and closing.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been talking to company that deals with pwm stuff. They think they have a solution does anyone know the size of the stock blubs?

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you’re missing is the fact they are using the 12v hot, and a switch/remote to turn on the lights. That circuit is hot for 60 minutes after closing the door. So if you didn’t use a switch or remote, the light would stay on for 60 minutes. I’m doing the same with some cargo lights and a switch.
When I was initially looking at your cargo light solution, I was tempted to find a SPDT to put in one of those switch banks you installed in the back. I thought I was going to switch between powered by the accessory and the dome circuit but since read about the PWM issue. My plan is kaput.
Sponsored