Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am about 90% sure that is wire loom for the transfer case range sensor. Runs between the sensor itself and the AWD module.

Connector C3734

Sits on top of the transfer case itself. Maybe @flip or someone else with service manual access can pull up the location diagrams.
Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. 1685731180249
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Transfer Case Range Sensor

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Removal

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. Disconnect the transfer case range sensor connector and detach the wiring harness retainer clip from the transfer case.
  1. Remove the transfer case range sensor retainers and remove the transfer case range sensor cover.
    Torque: 106 lb.in (12 Nm)
  1. Remove the transfer case range sensor.
Installation

1. NOTE: If the transfer case range sensor is to be reused, apply the lubricant.
    To install, reverse the removal procedure.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try this.

Transfer Case Range Sensor

Removal

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. Disconnect the transfer case range sensor connector and detach the wiring harness retainer clip from the transfer case.
  1. Remove the transfer case range sensor retainers and remove the transfer case range sensor cover.
    Torque: 106 lb.in (12 Nm)
  1. Remove the transfer case range sensor.
Installation

1. NOTE: If the transfer case range sensor is to be reused, apply the lubricant.
    To install, reverse the removal procedure.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @flip!!

Wire colors match... so now I'm even more confident. The AWD module itself is on the passenger side of the vehicle in the engine bay. Should have a 40-something pin flat wiring harness plugged into it.

Good luck have fun @Pilsner (y)

Also...

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is now the 5th time overall that I've had to deal with this. 2nd for the Bronco. Last time the whole dash was lit up. Found a few chewed wires under the air box and the driver side wheel well. I can't find the wires this time. I only have a 4x4 error and the GOAT dial is flashing. Everything else seems normal. Does anyone recognize these wire colors from working on anything? Found a 4" section chewed out. Was supposed to be taking the Bronco today on a wheeling trip but had to switch to my other vehicle. I've got a few hours into this already looking.

Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. 1685731223536
I can't help you with the wires but try this for rodent prevention (many RV'ers do it, me too and it works):
1. Do not use poisons if your pet or a neighbors pet eats a poisoned rodent it will kill them.
2. Get peppermint oil concentrate from Amazon, dillute in a spray bottle. One every other week, spray down your entire engine compartment, the fire wall and all wiring harnesses.
3. Get rodent GLUE traps. So your pets do not get stuck to them; Get small plastic containers (cheap) with lids. Cut a hole large enough for a rat in one end. The glue trap goes inside. Bait the far end with cheese, old meat, cereals.

I have not caught a rat now in several years, no rodent signs, nothing in my engine bay.
It works.

What seems to not work; Bounce fabric sheets, Irish Spring soap shavings, the old snap traps....seems they have wised up to those.

OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome! Thank you guys! Will track that and move forward with additional rodent deterrent. It's become a war.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully I can get that connector off to solder in a patch. Could be in a worse spot but that will be tight.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rodents are all different, so it depends on what you have, but the only thing I’ve found that works on our AZ packrats is a bright LED shop light under the vehicle every night. So far, so good, after a year and a half. I prefer hanging the light from an open hood, which is what I do for my truck, but the Remote Start on the Bronco won’t work unless the hood is down.

A cat wouldn’t last a week where I live, no matter how street smart it is. 🙀

Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. IMG_3336

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What seems to not work; Bounce fabric sheets, Irish Spring soap shavings, the old snap traps....seems they have wised up to those.
Bounce dryer sheets have worked perfectly for me in the past. You just have to put them everywhere in a vehicle, and in quantity. I've stored a few vehicles over winters in mouse infested locations and Bounce dryer sheets worked every time. I'm told other brands don't work as well.

They make these cool trap lids that fit a standard 5-gallon buckets that work very well also.

Beyond that, fixed barn cats will eradicate every rodent in the area in no time....

OP
OP

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wanted to thank you guys again, especially @flip and @RagnarKon. Finally got it all fixed up. It was the transfer case range sensor. Wife game me the Milwaukie m12 soldering iron early for Father's day. Been after a battery iron to use outside instead of having to drag my electric station around. Was a pain to get to. That is super toght in there. Pics just in case it helps anyone else.

Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. 20230606_184916

Ford Bronco Wiring help please! Rodents got me. 20230606_183714

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Do not use poisons if your pet or a neighbors pet eats a poisoned rodent it will kill them.
2. Get peppermint oil concentrate from Amazon, dillute in a spray bottle. One every other week, spray down your entire engine compartment, the fire wall and all wiring harnesses.
3. Get rodent GLUE traps. So your pets do not get stuck to them; Get small plastic containers (cheap) with lids. Cut a hole large enough for a rat in one end. The glue trap goes inside. Bait the far end with cheese, old meat, cereals.
Yep, all this stuff with our RVs. I soak cotton balls with peppermint oil and throw them in every compartment possible, I also spray that peppermint on my security cameras since they seem to be attracted to the IR lights.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several years ago I had rodents build a nest under the turbo of my F350. It lit on fire and caused $3500 in damage to various parts and wiring.

I installed a couple of these on each battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCKBGY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Never had a rodent in there since. It is now a standard part on every vehicle I own.
Damn, more stuff to order from Amazon!

So you install more than one per vehicle? I need these for 2 of our vehicles that don't get to park in the garage and our RV.
Sponsored