Sponsored

Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I finally installed my Baja triple fog lights. I bought the set directly from Baja. When the kit came in, there were a bunch of wiring looms along with the switches even though I ordered it for the upfitter switches. They had two looms, and two Y connectors that would allow you to combine the two white lights and then the amber on the other wiring loom and then switch the white pair and the amber. I then saw that 4X4TruckLED was selling the kit but with their own wiring loom that allowed you to control each light seperately. Before I wiring them up, I ordered that wiring loom from 4X4TruckLED. Let me tell you, just order the kit from 4X4TruckLED. Their wiring loom is sooooo much better than what you get from Baja. Their loom is covered in a much tougher looking material and is super streamlined. It is a single wiring loom with weather packs for each light and then at the connection end, it came with three wires labeled A, B, C along with the ground connector. The A, B, C wires had a crimp on connector terminated at each end. I cut those off and added male weather packs. I then terminated all six if the pre-wired connection under the hood with individual female weather packs. I went ahead and labeled each wire with its corresponding upfitter switch and amperage. I connected my fogs to switches 3, 4, 5 which are all 10A. I am saving switch 1 (30A) and switch 2 (15A) for future loads requiring higher amperage. Anyway, below are photos of how I wired this up.

Photo 1 : This shows the start of connecting the weather pack pins to each pre-wire. I would recommend the red connectors as the wiring if actually really small. I really doubt the wiring for the 30A and 15A are actually sized properly. They were both a bit thicker than the other 10A wiring but not by much.

Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3131.JPEG

Photo 2 : This shows a typical weather pack male pin that will be inserted into the female weather pack. You will want to buy the proper terminating tool to make the crimps. I used the 3 slot for the wiring crimp and 5 for the grommet crimp.
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3132.JPEG

Photo 3 : This shows the mail pin completed where I went ahead and added a bit of solder to the wiring to create a stronger bond.
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3133.JPEG

Photo 4 : The completed female weather pack.
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3136.JPEG

Photo 5 : This shows all six of the pre-wires terminated with female weather packs and labeled with switch number and amperage. For some reason I felt light color coding each wire based on amperage. Just having fun with the P-Touch! HA!
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3139.JPEG

Photo 6 : This shows the final connections of each of the three fog light pairs. The wiring loom from 4X4TruckLED comes pre-labeled with the A, B, C. You can see that I connected A to SW3, B to SW4 and C to SW5. You can also see the ground connection with the black wire and pre-installed ground loop connector.
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3140.JPEG

Photo 7 : This is the final under hood installation and the routing I used for the wiring loom.
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom InkedIMG_3141_LI

Photo 8 : Fogs installed and ready to light up the night!
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom IMG_3143.JPEG

My take away from the install. 1. Purchase your light kit from 4X4TruckLED. They offer better pricing, are super responsive to emails and provide a much better, more vetted wiring system. 2. Buy yourself a set of Weather Packs along with the proper crimping tool. Do it right the first time, it will be worth it in the long run. 3. Buy single weather pack shrouds(both male and female), buy the 18-20 gauge terminal pins(both male and female), buy the red cable seal, buy the pin removal tool just encase you mess up and need to remove a terminal pin. 4. Practice your crimping on a test wire before jumping into your Bronco wiring. 5. Solder if you want to but it is not really required if you crimp properly. 6. Take your time and enjoy the experience of doing a great job yourself.

I have have the reverse lighting kit from 4X4TruckLED and will be installing that shortly. I have also ordered the pillar lights from 4X4TruckLED but am still waiting for them to arrive. I have not decided on a light bar yet. Not sure if I want to go bumper or above the windshield. Thanks for checking out my install.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job and thank you for sharing. I have the same kit from 4x4TruckLED I also bought single weather pack connectors to do the identical thing. I have a crimping tool and was practicing, ain't gonna lie though, wasn't too confident with the one or two I tried. By the time I get my vehicle, I'm sure I will have it down.

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, great write up and detail! I’ll be saving this thread for future reference. It always feels good doing a quality job installing these things, looking forward to it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice write-up. I wanted to do this on shop truck but we don't have upfitters (the wires are there, but we didn't get our truck with upfitters). So i'm using a switch panel for now. So no real need for the quick disconnect since I can just unscrew the terminal. BUT this is a great way to keep a nice clean install. On our Raptor we PLANNED to do it like this, but ya know how life works. We never did and it was a forgotten about task. I wish I did from the start though. The extra $30 or so in connectors is worth it.

Thanks for the comments on our harness. Yes we try and do things above and beyond here. I spent a lot of back/forth designing our harness with the idea of simplicity and quality in mind.

When we ship out the kits (be it our KR Off-Road kit or the Baja Bezel kit) we always include our harness, because it's just so much easier to use and work with then all the additional harnesses. It's a lot less to deal with and super simple as you saw.

Thanks for the business on the additional kits. Glad to have you as a customer now :)

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up and love those connectors! If you don't mind, can you share a link to the ones you got? I already did my ditch lights but would redo it to this method in a hear beat!

OP
OP
TX21BRONC

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are links to the weather packs parts I purchased. I looked around and could not find exactly what I wanted until I looked on Ebay. Anyway, here are the eBay links to each part. They ship very fast but it just so happened the eBay seller was from the town right next to me! So these links will give you the crimping tool and removal tool. The 18-20ga single circuit connector kit(set of 5) and then the red 20-22ga seals. The wiring insulation is so small, the red seals worked best. The 18-20ga pins worked perfect as well. You will want to buy a quantity of 2 sets if you are going to terminate all 6 leads. So, just don't use the green seals in that come with the single circuit kits, just use the red. It will all make sense once you get all this home and look at a couple YouTube videos. You will also definitely want to buy the crimping tool and removal tool. Money well spent. Hope all this helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363154330278?hash=item548daf52a6:g:cjwAAOSwEK9T~h7e
https://www.ebay.com/itm/360937965865?hash=item5409944929:g:8CcAAOxyCTtTdBUd
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383075927594?hash=item59311ac62a:g:t4MAAOSwbl9dPjmh

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are links to the weather packs parts I purchased. I looked around and could not find exactly what I wanted until I looked on Ebay. Anyway, here are the eBay links to each part. They ship very fast but it just so happened the eBay seller was from the town right next to me! So these links will give you the crimping tool and removal tool. The 18-20ga single circuit connector kit(set of 5) and then the red 20-22ga seals. The wiring insulation is so small, the red seals worked best. The 18-20ga pins worked perfect as well. You will want to buy a quantity of 2 sets if you are going to terminate all 6 leads. So, just don't use the green seals in that come with the single circuit kits, just use the red. It will all make sense once you get all this home and look at a couple YouTube videos. You will also definitely want to buy the crimping tool and removal tool. Money well spent. Hope all this helps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363154330278?hash=item548daf52a6:g:cjwAAOSwEK9T~h7e
https://www.ebay.com/itm/360937965865?hash=item5409944929:g:8CcAAOxyCTtTdBUd
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383075927594?hash=item59311ac62a:g:t4MAAOSwbl9dPjmh

I have that same crimping tool :)

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What gauge wire did you end up using? Also, for the 4x4 wiring harness, is there a weather pack connector on the light body end? Trying to wrap my head around how two pairs of lights are joined into a single weather pack connector.

Jbronc74

First Edition
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 bronco , 2018 expedition, 2021 broncoFE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree about 4x4led...great harness... I just did the same yesterday on veterans day as my wife made sure the kiddos left me alone for a day of piece...weather packs are the way to go, love them now that I know how to properly make them.....

247873729_3169779493251457_1469891670025940339_n.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
TX21BRONC

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What gauge wire did you end up using? Also, for the 4x4 wiring harness, is there a weather pack connector on the light body end? Trying to wrap my head around how two pairs of lights are joined into a single weather pack connector.
You don't need to provide any additional wiring. For the 4X4 wiring harness. The ends that connect to the fog lights are prewired with Weather Packs. The other end, that you connect to the wiring in the truck, come with crimp connectors on them. So, if you don't want to use any kind of connectors, you can just crimp them directly to the prewiring in your Bronco. I cut those crimp connectors off and installed the Weather Packs. I then installed the other end of the Weather Pack to the prewiring. I hope this make sense. Bottom line, is that you don't need any extra connectors if you just buy the kit from 4X4 and crimp the wiring from the harness to the prewire.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would this kit cover everything? I’ve never worked with weather pack before.

Weather Pack Connector Kit WP-405 with T-18: 1, 2, and 3 Way Sealed Weatherproof Automotive Electrical Connectors 20-12 Gauge 405 Piece Kit With T-18 Crimp Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LBRWZVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_18C18XP4SM4J95Q6HA5J
I saw that kit on Amazon, but went directly to the seller's web site and ordered their WP-1104 kit. A number of options available directly from them.

Pro Connector Assembly Kits

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You don't need to provide any additional wiring. For the 4X4 wiring harness. The ends that connect to the fog lights are prewired with Weather Packs. The other end, that you connect to the wiring in the truck, come with crimp connectors on them. So, if you don't want to use any kind of connectors, you can just crimp them directly to the prewiring in your Bronco. I cut those crimp connectors off and installed the Weather Packs. I then installed the other end of the Weather Pack to the prewiring. I hope this make sense. Bottom line, is that you don't need any extra connectors if you just buy the kit from 4X4 and crimp the wiring from the harness to the prewire.
Appreciate you clearing that up. I'm trying to get an idea of how I would replicate 4x4 wiring set up for my rigid pod lights. How are the two positive wires for each pair of lights joined into a single weather pack connector, considering they lead to an A, B, and C endpoint. Guessing two wires are twisted and then crimped into a single crimp?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my lights yesterday and did the weatherpacks as well. I only did the ones that used which was AUX3 and 4. Nice writeup.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate you clearing that up. I'm trying to get an idea of how I would replicate 4x4 wiring set up for my rigid pod lights. How are the two positive wires for each pair of lights joined into a single weather pack connector, considering they lead to an A, B, and C endpoint. Guessing two wires are twisted and then crimped into a single crimp?
Why would you try and REPLICATE it. We already make one for the Rigid lights (those that use DT 2-pin connectors): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...nectors-rigid-industries-kc-hilites-vision-x/

The photo shown on this page is OLD btw. Thiese have a "control" wire coming off each DT connector, but that's no more. This is basically the same as our WP harness, but with DT connectors instead. The idea with the photo shown on our site with the control wire off the DT was we were using these for another type of light but we've just not taken a new photo.

So again our harness with DT connectors looks like this, ONLY it has DT connectors instead of WP
Ford Bronco Wiring Install for Baja Triple Fog Lights using Weather Packs and 4X4TruckLED Wiring Loom 1636817446579
Sponsored