Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Order some Rigid 360 driving lights amber backlt, I do not have the factory aux switches but understand the 6 wires are there in the engine bay to connect to, has anybody found out where they can be accessed in the overhead console with the sunglass holder? There is enough room on the top face above the sunglass holder to mount some
Aftermarket low profile switches, I’m just not sure how to get to the wiring up there. I have seen the cad views of that upper console but still not quite sure how to access the wiring. Worst case I can just use my own wiring and put an individual switch near light dial on dash but would rather use the clean factory fuses
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Order some Rigid 360 driving lights amber backlt, I do not have the factory aux switches but understand the 6 wires are there in the engine bay to connect to, has anybody found out where they can be accessed in the overhead console with the sunglass holder? There is enough room on the top face above the sunglass holder to mount some
Aftermarket low profile switches, I’m just not sure how to get to the wiring up there. I have seen the cad views of that upper console but still not quite sure how to access the wiring. Worst case I can just use my own wiring and put an individual switch near light dial on dash but would rather use the clean factory fuses
So I was just talking to some folks on FB about this. Theoretically Ford SHOULD Have left a wiring harness above the sunglass holder. It's most likely a proprietary harness that plugs into the upfitter (at least that's what they did on the Raptors/Super Dutys).

Another option is to use a switch panel like the AuxBeam we sell. It's a cheap switch panel and for the price it's really great:

We have them in green or blue backlight:

Blue: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...niversal-led-switch-panel-kit-blue-backlight/
Green: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...iversal-led-switch-panel-kit-green-backlight/

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630552254308

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure the wiring is there?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't popped the sunglass holder out yet but I did find the the harness end points under the engine bay.
Then they are most certainly up there... where would those wires go :)

NOW... if we could only order factory parts right away :) That usually takes a bit before you can get your hands on replacement components. I wonder if the dealers can even find a part # for the aux panel yet or if their data isn't populated yet.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I was just talking to some folks on FB about this. Theoretically Ford SHOULD Have left a wiring harness above the sunglass holder. It's most likely a proprietary harness that plugs into the upfitter (at least that's what they did on the Raptors/Super Dutys).

Another option is to use a switch panel like the AuxBeam we sell. It's a cheap switch panel and for the price it's really great:

Blue: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...niversal-led-switch-panel-kit-blue-backlight/
Green: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/auxbea...iversal-led-switch-panel-kit-green-backlight/

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630552254308
I have used some auxbeam lights before and they were great.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have used some auxbeam lights before and they were great.
My daughter doesn't complain:

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630644190333

Yes this is her Jeep lol. I mean, come on I run an LED lighting company, how could I NOT throw a switch panel on her Jeep and add tons of Baja Designs lights

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630644262905

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630644282220

pjwalker

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 67 Mustang, 08 landcruiser, 14 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Wiring pod lights without factory aux switches 1630644282220
I spoke with Ford technical department about this issue, and I was amazed that they informed me there is no wiring harness in the car if you did not order the aux switches. ( you would need to order the switch panel , wiring harness and a relay box. so I can't figure out why they have the aux pig tails in the car and where do they go? I'm no expert on car electronics, but its confusing why the wiring is under the hood.
Sponsored