Wiring Rough Country triple fog lights to Auxiliary switch?

Worewren

Big Bend
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Okay fog lights have a wiring harness for two lights with a relay and switch, so six lights with three harnesses. I don’t want to use the harness switch and go to Aux 2 for the switch. Direction day to use auxiliary just cut off the switch and then run wiring as desired???? What? Their harnesses are over kill! So how do I make up my own harness? Each light has a blue, white and black wire. Black is obviously ground. I would like to use the power wire on the grill. Help????

Advertisement

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished wiring my Diode Dynamics set this evening. If I were you I’d make up your own new harness and run the lights off more than one switch, but if you wanted to use the violet with green trace wire at the grill it could be used as a trigger for the three relays from rough country. You will need to complete the connection for that wire back on the drivers side if the firewall. I don’t think the 10 amp circuit for the violet/green would support three pairs of lights without additional relays.

I haven’t used the rough country lights, but I suspect white will be the main positive and blue will be the backlight. You will need a separate switch or similar for the backlight, I wouldn’t recommend tapping the parking light harness on these trucks due to potential body control module issues.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s been a while since I’ve done mine but I ran all harnesses up to the aux switches. High beams all on aux one (blue wires on the harness) and backlights on aux 3 (white wires on harness).

A9228814-996C-4C01-BF8A-EFDC73E99D15.jpeg

OP
OP
Worewren

Worewren

Big Bend
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150