Sponsored

Wiring Rough Country triple fog lights to Auxiliary switch?

Worewren

Big Bend
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Okay fog lights have a wiring harness for two lights with a relay and switch, so six lights with three harnesses. I don’t want to use the harness switch and go to Aux 2 for the switch. Direction day to use auxiliary just cut off the switch and then run wiring as desired???? What? Their harnesses are over kill! So how do I make up my own harness? Each light has a blue, white and black wire. Black is obviously ground. I would like to use the power wire on the grill. Help????
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished wiring my Diode Dynamics set this evening. If I were you I’d make up your own new harness and run the lights off more than one switch, but if you wanted to use the violet with green trace wire at the grill it could be used as a trigger for the three relays from rough country. You will need to complete the connection for that wire back on the drivers side if the firewall. I don’t think the 10 amp circuit for the violet/green would support three pairs of lights without additional relays.

I haven’t used the rough country lights, but I suspect white will be the main positive and blue will be the backlight. You will need a separate switch or similar for the backlight, I wouldn’t recommend tapping the parking light harness on these trucks due to potential body control module issues.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s been a while since I’ve done mine but I ran all harnesses up to the aux switches. High beams all on aux one (blue wires on the harness) and backlights on aux 3 (white wires on harness).

A9228814-996C-4C01-BF8A-EFDC73E99D15.jpeg

OP
OP
Worewren

Worewren

Big Bend
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes saw your earlier post on another thread and it was great made it so easy

Sponsored

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video is super helpful. The instructions were not.

IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 4Dr, Rubicon 2dr, CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought I think the same RC foglghts and haven’t installed them yet. In the video what are the back lights he’s referring too? Confused how hes using two switches to power these fog lights.
I bought black series white fog lights, are mine the same as in the video install. Thanks for any help

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got mine installed today and they are super bright

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got mine installed and like them, already hoof rat tested. Lights those rotten leaping critters up 10 yards off the road.
I ran the blue wire from all three relays to aux 6 yellow/orange. Apparently the ground side of the relays are grounded through the harness. Lot of excess wire in that harness but it's so nicely done, and it was kind of cold in the garage, so I coiled it up and might trim it up later...like in the spring!
Ford Bronco Wiring Rough Country triple fog lights to Auxiliary switch? CXZK7768.JPG

CaptainRob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought I think the same RC foglghts and haven’t installed them yet. In the video what are the back lights he’s referring too? Confused how hes using two switches to power these fog lights.
I bought black series white fog lights, are mine the same as in the video install. Thanks for any help
Sorry, I haven't log onto here in awhile. If you bought the same light setup as me for the bumper (the triple lights with mount for a modular bumper) then the lights have the regular ON FULL POWER function, but they also have some dim "running" lights that you can turn on also. They are for looks pretty much. So it's basically like there are 2 bulbs for each light pod and that is the reason you use 2 switches. One switch has all those "running lights" (backlights) wired to it and I have a 2nd switch that is wired to all the main full power wires for the pods. I hope that explains it. I have the backlight switch turned on all the time so that whenever the bronco is running they are lit up. I flip on the second switch for full power whenever I need the actual full light power on.

Sponsored

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, I haven't log onto here in awhile. If you bought the same light setup as me for the bumper (the triple lights with mount for a modular bumper) then the lights have the regular ON FULL POWER function, but they also have some dim "running" lights that you can turn on also. They are for looks pretty much. So it's basically like there are 2 bulbs for each light pod and that is the reason you use 2 switches. One switch has all those "running lights" (backlights) wired to it and I have a 2nd switch that is wired to all the main full power wires for the pods. I hope that explains it. I have the backlight switch turned on all the time so that whenever the bronco is running they are lit up. I flip on the second switch for full power whenever I need the actual full light power on.
Is there a way to have the backlight portion wired to DRL or factory fog switch?

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to order these lights today and the setup you have sounds like exactly what I want. Basically when the headlights come on, I want the DRL/backlights on. Did you just tap in to the factory wiring for that? I’d prefer to not use 2 aux switches.

EDIT: Just watched your video and see you have them hooked up to 2 different aux switches. Does anyone know of a way to have the DRL's tied in to the headlights so I don't have to tie up two aux switches?

Last edited:

CaptainRob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can just put the DRL wires together and tap into the headlight wire that comes on when the switch is on. I haven't messed with the Headlights yet, but I'm sure a search would find it. The drls don't take much power at all so I think you'd be find just using the correct type of wire tap. You'll probably want to connect the 3 on each side together and then to a headlight so you'd have the 3 drl wires tapped into the same side headlight power wire and you won't have to deal with putting 6 wires together and tapping them into a single wire.

I may only use a couple other aux switches so I wasn't concerned about taking up a switch and it's so easy to use them instead of tapping into the Headlights, but I totally get why it would be a good idea to do it that way.
Sponsored