Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done some searching and not crawled around underneath looking yet... (4 door Badlands)

I am going to mount my ARB Dual compressor in the cargo area of my Bronco (Don't want to do engine bay) and trying to get an idea of the best location to pull the heavy gauge (probably 6ga since ARB DUAL) from the cargo area to the engine bay. I have all the fusing etc... figured out that I will need, just wanting to see what others have done to get up inside the cargo area. I am not opposed to running the wire along the frame as I don't really want to tear anything out if not absolutely necessary.

As I see it, my options are.... (Compressor will be mounted on top of the Ford Cargo Drawer which houses all my other gear)
  • Preferred - Come down and out of the cargo area, run wrapped cable along frame and up in to engine bay, just looking for a grommet location if it exists near the cargo area.
  • Optional if needed - Run the cable along the floorboard and push it up under the trim near the doors and come through a grommet (if it exists) under either the driver or passenger foot well.
Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd try getting ahold of Mitchell watts from town and country on youtube. He did a very similar setup. I know there is a grommet on the drivers side firewall.

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought there is power there on the passenger side, connected to one of the switches but I doubt it's a heavy enough gauge.

OP
OP
sklnbnzaz

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought there is power there on the passenger side, connected to one of the switches but I doubt it's a heavy enough gauge.
Yeah the switch wiring will not work

Sponsored
OP
OP
sklnbnzaz

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grommets through the cargo floor are here.

Ford Bronco Wiring to Cargo Area 328917FE-F324-4403-AECE-163EBB0697AC

I would run it like an amp. Down the wire channel under the door sills and out the grommet through the drivers firewall.

Ford Bronco Wiring to Cargo Area 328917FE-F324-4403-AECE-163EBB0697AC
PERFECT! Thank you!

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the hero switch wiring to work as the on/off switch for my arb singIe. It's mounted in the storage compartment under the cargo area. I ran the heavy gauge power wires out of the rubber grommet in that storage area and along the frame all wrapped up.
Sponsored