Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes sense that the slide out tray won't be in the 2-Door given the shorter distance between that rear seat and the tailgate. It's still a bummer though. After getting over the initial let down I started wondering if Ford might take this as an opportunity to make some of the 4-Door crowd jealous of the 2-Door people and utilize that space for something unique to the 2-Door.

What I came up with (and I think a few other commenters did as well) was a 4" deep lockbox for that space that would make the rear seats truly fold flat and provide a hidden storage option like the hidden storage under the seat of the Bronco Sport (a feature I find supremely cool).

These things already exist, but I think it would be awesome if I could drive mine off the lot with this option made by the people who made my truck instead of immediately going to the aftermarket for something like this. Seems like a slam dunk to me to be included in their 200+ accessories.

I'd love to see what other ideas people come up with to maximize the usefulness of that little space now that we know the slide out tray isn't an option! What cool thing do I not know I need yet? (And I hope this idea is popular enough for Ford to see and say sure why not and throw it in because I'd add it to my build in a heartbeat and really hope I get to!)

20200731_182611.jpg
Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually think something like the cargo tray from the 4runner would be cool since you can load gear on it and slide it all the way in or out. Maybe even make it liftable a small amount so you have over/under space as well.

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually think something like the cargo tray from the 4runner would be cool since you can load gear on it and slide it all the way in or out. Maybe even make it liftable a small amount so you have over/under space as well.
That sounds rad as hell. Have any pics of that setup handy?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's be better if ford just designed the seat folding properly

Ever seen a Honda fit or Ridgeline? Those seats fold amazingly, Honda packaging shows innovation. So what if the fit and Ridgeline aren't cool, they're practical as hell

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's be better if ford just designed the seat folding properly

Ever seen a Honda fit or Ridgeline? Those seats fold amazingly, Honda packaging shows innovation. So what if the fit and Ridgeline aren't cool, they're practical as hell
The fit is straight up magic with their seat set up!

I know there are a thousand considerations and every inch moved one place might bump something out of whack 3 feet farther up so I don't expect any major alterations to what they've built to accommodate the minor(?) rumblings I've seen regarding the 2 door cargo space. On the other hand I really do think they have an opportunity to give us something functional and even cool in the way that slide out tray is that also solves the problem and perhaps most importantly lets us drive off the lot happy with our set up exactly as we ordered it. It would be kind of a shame to wait for a year to get this vehicle we've been so excited for and then wait another couple weeks for the $100 cargo leveler to show up and maybe/maybe not fit or look good.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya this is starting to bother me. I really want the 2 door because it looks so sick but i dunno how im gonna get my dog in there. especially when he gets older

I hope if ford is listening , their 2.0 body they make better have a FOLD FLAT AND FLUSH solution.

If so i will sell my 2 door and get the new one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya this is starting to bother me. I really want the 2 door because it looks so sick but i dunno how im gonna get my dog in there. especially when he gets older

I hope if ford is listening , their 2.0 body they make will have FOLD FLAT AND FLUSH solution.

If so i will sell my 2 door and get the new one.
As far as a dog getting up there on its own, I'd bet someone makes a fold up ramp that folds to a depth of 4" and fills the space perfectly. And by "I bet" I mean "someone please do this and if I gave you the idea maybe give me a percentage or just a free Bronco dog ramp" (bonus points if the whole thing is made from weatherproof rubber or padded to function as a dog bed when stowed...)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Step #1: Bronco is positioned as a SUV....it'd be great if Ford would acknowledge the importance of the load floor and offer a solution

Step #2: describe what is required to remove the sear their engineer describes as "not designed to be easily removable"

Step #3: provide photos (a) rear seat folded and (b) rear seat removed

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll add this, lest anyone see this thread as me complaining: I am getting this 2-Door Bronco. I am ridiculously excited and know that future me is getting my keys and overwhelmed by how cool this thing is (an experience I was blessed enough to have about 5 years ago when I bought my Challenger). There might be a thing here or there I'll want to adjust, but I'm sure that's going to be a blast as well (I've got ideas for color schemes with those handles).

My reason for starting this thread was because I've seen in interviews what the designers cared about, and finding solutions that make this the best, most usable and fun vehicle to live with seems to me like one of their highest priorities. The frequent check-ins from their team on the forums and social media seem to support that conclusion. They say they're listening. This seems like something they'd certainly be able to change from an "I can fix that later" situation to a "holy crap look at this cool thing they offer" situation before we take delivery next year if they happen to hear it. Will it change my mind about getting my 2-Door if it doesn't happen? No freaking way! But if it can happen, I'd be even more thrilled than I know I already will be.

In short, you don't make something this many people react so positively to by not caring. I believe they care a lot, and maybe starting this thread will make them care about this issue that I know means something to me along with at least a few other people. If they get to it? Amazing. If not, I'll take care of it after the fact and maybe grumble for half a second before remembering I just got the vehicle I'd been furiously googling for years and resume being overjoyed.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m gonna get a 2-door no matter what, but these two related things are kind of an issue for me.

-Getting a mostly flat floor/surface.

and

-Easily removing and reinstalling the seats.

I know there are plenty of ways to to get the ā€œflatā€ floor. I thought the issue was settled with the tray. But now itā€™s not an option. They could easily offer a similar box without the tray for the 2-door. Maybe they do. We donā€™t know. Easy to make your own as well, but why if we could have one from Ford that was purpose built to match.

More important is the easily removable rear seats issue. I have no problem taking out the seats with a wrench, but why should I need to use tools. I canā€™t think of a good reason they wouldnā€™t design them to come out and put back in easily. Maybe they are easy to remove. We donā€™t know yet. I also hope that you get a nice ā€œflatā€ floor when you take them out. Not some undulating mess.

We donā€™t know yet. Was hoping for more answers today. That didnā€™t happen. The saga continues.?

Still getting the 2-door.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as a dog getting up there on its own, I'd bet someone makes a fold up ramp that folds to a depth of 4" and fills the space perfectly. And by "I bet" I mean "someone please do this and if I gave you the idea maybe give me a percentage or just a free Bronco dog ramp" (bonus points if the whole thing is made from weatherproof rubber or padded to function as a dog bed when stowed...)

they do............

https://www.weathertech.com/petramp/
Sponsored