Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interior space a must , can wear pants a little too big but ........
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Motorcraft FL-1A is what my 4.0 Jeep sees... doesn't help with the 10psi hot oil pressure, but it's been running like that for years... lol. It was one of those where the previous owner probably did 3 oil changes in 160k miles... I've done 10+ in the last 13k miles to clean out the gunk, and it's finally getting there. I open up the filters every time and it amazes me that after this many oil changes and even straight diesel flushes, I still find gunk inside the filters.
I had a 2001 dodge stratus with the 2.7 DOHC v6. I bought it with the oil light on. Knowing full well they have oiling issues. I poured a can of seafoam in the crankcase. Ran it for about 200 miles, changed the oil twice in the next 1000 miles.... Oil light was gone, put almost 20k miles on it before I sold it and the light never came back. That was 7 years ago, The guy still drives it to this day. I used Valvoline synthetic blend btw. **edit** it was almost 9 years ago now.... god I'm getting old.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at Ford's page today, I still don't know what they're making, so I can't vote in this poll. Based on my experience with newer ford cars, I'm not optimistic. I definitely don't want a four cylinder. Unfortunately, ford like's to make their special or power package cars chock full of options I don't want. That puts their price at the top. I was able to buy a base wrangler 2-door with only the rubicon, alpine stereo, and fuzzy soft top options. That made it cheaper to buy ($30k) with manual windows, locks, ignition, and transmission.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like the shape, look, suspension, and motor. Really sealed the deal with the IFS. Thought I really wanted to go back to a vehicle with a SFA until I took multiple Gladiator trips at 70+ highway speeds and I didn't feel safe driving at highway speeds or when passing 18 wheelers on one side and a retaining wall with no emergency lane on the other (common in Texas). I routinely make lots of long highway trips between three and five hours to get to various hunting/fishing spots and having a vehicle with great off-road capability and poor road manners is a no go. I prefer to give up some of-road capability to have better on-road manners. Work car (2017 Fusion) has an eco-boost with 90k problem free miles while averaging 26 MPG so the trust level is there. Several friends with the 2.7 in their F150s have been happy with their performance as well.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am an ifs defender but I do agree. My Jeep drives fine at 80+ it basically only rides a bit tougher than my 2005 explorer did.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a moot point as the Bronco will have IFS. Anyone who prefers SFA can get a Wrangler or Gladiator and cross their fingers they don’t slide into a retaining wall or 18 wheeler and injure or kill their kids. There are lots of issues with SFA and the electric steering boxes on the Wrangler and Gladiator trying to get them dialed in to drive straight. Comparing the combination of vehicles without electric steering and SFA shows ignorance of the topic. Check out a few videos, forums, or perhaps the class action death wobble lawsuit.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/loose-steering.16550/page-32#post-415173
https://www.thedrive.com/news/28531...-action-lawsuit-against-fca-over-death-wobble

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Death wobble is the universe's way of letting me know to keep my affairs in order.

Lets me know THAT I'M ALIVE. Hell yeah brother!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For christ's sake, the arguments some of you make against solid axles on the basis of on road drivability are patently absurd.
No doubt, 52K miles on a 05 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel. About half of that towing with CGVW of about 18K.
And for better or worse, I don't tow too slow, usually 70-75. No more issues passing trucks, that every vehicle on the
planet doesn't have, if you sit in the turbulent wake zone just off the rear corners, you won't be happy there
very long no matter what you are driving.

Even my 79 bronco with 2" lift and small-ish 35 AT's, front and rear sways is a very nice drive.
If it had OD, I'd take it all over the place.

All that said, an IFS is much better over ridiculous expansion strips on a curved part of highway
(where you can literally get a SFA to jump sideways at times) or over certain aggressive RR tracks.

But these are rare occurrences and besides being annoying, aren't dangerous unless maybe you are
scared of driving, and freak out, causing yourself other issues if it happens. I suspect many having only
driven today's "perfect" driving cars, really don't know how bad a vehicles dynamics could be, and still get
down the road just fine.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Imagine if the auto industry was like some of the ifs crowd on here (a future off-road vehicle forum btw) and if you wanted a certain vehicle you were forced to purchase from 1 mfg?

If you want an electric vehicle go buy a Tesla
If you want a hybrid vehicle go buy a Toyota
If you want a diesel go buy a Ram
If you want a manual transmission go buy a Mazda
If you want a mid engine car go buy a Ferrari
If you want an off-road vehicle go buy a Jeep....oh wait

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm new here and late to the 5 O'clock free crack giveaway, but was considering a JL until recently

If I could get a 2dr with a 2.7tt and a manual, then I'm paying my local Ford Dealer a visit with a grand in my hand for a deposit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way I see it, I'm a speed demon who never grew out of the teenage phase, yet did trails and loved it, and then you add that it's twin turbo with a stick, perfect storm

Thanks btw, glad to be here and hope to be amongst the first of the new Bronco's, now to do my HW on the history of them

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely am

My 3 recent cars

Audi: JHM St2 w/HPFP, JHM HFC+B7 S4 FI Catback, JHM St1 Clutch/Flywheel, S4 Recaros, JHM Shift-Trio+Cross Rod, Bi-xenon Headlights, JOM Smoked Tail Lights,
Sport Edition P3 rims,pirelli's (forget), Solo-werks S1 Coilovers

Old Mustang: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gia-the-assassin.34299/

Ram: American Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Hellwig RSB, Bwoody Endlinks, Go Rhino RB10, AFE Magnum Force St2 CAI w/PRO 5R filter, Lamin-x Amber Foglight Tint

Installing soon: AFE Mach force XP catback, Moe's 87mm TB

Hoping to take what I learned from the first two and do it right this time around, lot of trial and error
Sponsored