Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The features it will offer will age quite well with the car IMO
You're absolutely right if someone thinks of Bronco in the context of a disposable daily-driver, 3-5 year & out vehicle. But you may be off the mark if you're buying it as more of a toy, or a 'possession' you intend to wear out in 20 years - and then rebuild.
Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My STI is paid for, I would love to buy the Bronco and get 20 years and 300 thousand miles out of it. Not sure if that is feasible though but should be obtainable as long as Ford's design is modern. The only draw back I would have is the 2.3 liter 4 banger as Ford always have had and continue to have problems with that motor. The twin turbo 3.5 liter would be fine though.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're absolutely right if someone thinks of Bronco in the context of a disposable daily-driver, 3-5 year & out vehicle. But you may be off the mark if you're buying it as more of a toy, or a 'possession' you intend to wear out in 20 years - and then rebuild.
Any vehicle will have obsolete features in 20 years. It’s not made of magic y’all sheesh lol

that will be part of the charm at that point ;)

but so far almost 10 years strong in my stang and the infotainment is not sluggish at all and I use most of the features daily

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any vehicle will have obsolete features in 20 years. It’s not made of magic y’all sheesh lol

but so far almost 10 years strong in my stang and the infotainment is not sluggish at all and I use most of the features daily
Well, if that's your experience, I can't argue. I don't think I'll have a choice on a high-option Bronco, so I'll live with it, whether I hate it or love it.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any vehicle will have obsolete features in 20 years. It’s not made of magic y’all
I'm not sure where 'laker land' is, but if that's Los Angeles CA, I think even using the term "y'all" should be considered cultural appropriation :)

Seriously, I think the jury is still out...it's only been a dozen years or so that auto makers are installing tech that literally reinvents itself every 3 years or so...and, oh-by-the-way is also sitting in your shirt pocket. Time will tell.

Though we parted ways in 2015 because I lost confidence in reliability, the S10 I'd owned since 1986 was as simple and lovely as a rose...without even AC or radio.

upload_2019-11-23_17-23-20.png

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure where 'laker land' is, but if that's Los Angeles CA, I think even using the term "y'all" should be considered cultural appropriation :)

Seriously, I think the jury is still out...it's only been a dozen years or so that auto makers are installing tech that literally reinvents itself every 3 years or so...and, oh-by-the-way is also sitting in your shirt pocket. Time will tell.

Though we parted ways in 2015 because I lost confidence in reliability, the S10 I'd owned since 1986 was as simple and lovely as a rose...without even AC or radio.

upload_2019-11-23_17-23-20.png
Bahahah you bastard Jim! :p
Cali is a melting pot so we got people from all over :)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if that's your experience, I can't argue. I don't think I'll have a choice on a high-option Bronco, so I'll live with it, whether I hate it or love it.
Agreed because they’ll likely bundle it with other stuff haha.

I have to admit the modular approach could be very interesting if you were able to upgrade components as time goes on

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed because they’ll likely bundle it with other stuff haha.

I have to admit the modular approach could be very interesting if you were able to upgrade components as time goes on
And possibly a downside of being hardware-upgradable is the introduction of a profit incentive to entice/force you into doing so every 3 years or so.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not positing a criticism, just making an observation that in an alternative hardware model, that could be a potential downside for the consumer. Make it open source, even better.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base

My concern isn’t really the “features” or the software or the capabilities of the screen itself.. It’s that it’s a 15” screen! It’s just too huge. It’s also non removable so your stuck with it in your face forever.
The size of the screen itself is what I think will be the cause of smaller screens in the future.
People will soon come to the realization that as drivers we don’t “need” or “want” a NASA control center in our face searing our retinas while driving a car. Or as in the Mach e”s case, multiple screens.
It’s funny how all these laws are gong into effect to put your phones down and to stop texting and driving and no electronics allowed. Meanwhile car manufacturers think we need more screens in our cars and bigger ones to display even more useless information to boot.
Sponsored