Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I may be saving lots of money then, that was one thing I was hoping to see
I think by 'keep saving your money' he meant 'don't count out a manual and buy something else', not 'a manual isn't coming, save your money'
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think by 'keep saving your money' he meant 'don't count out a manual and buy something else', not 'a manual isn't coming, save your money'
I took it as "Don't go and blow your money on something else, keep saving it because a manual is coming"

But if that's not the case, then consider me another lost customer

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I took it as "Don't go and blow your money on something else, keep saving it because a manual is coming"

But if that's not the case, then consider me another lost customer
Sorry, yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say...I realize my wording may have just confused it even more.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First Post:

I want the Bronco if it has a manual transmission, otherwise not a buyer.

The posts in this thread are hard to decipher? Save your money because there is NOT a manual, or save your money because there will be a manual?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
First Post:

The posts in this thread are hard to decipher? Save your money because there is NOT a manual, or save your money because there will be a manual?
It’s been heavily implied but not outright confirmed that there will be a manual.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Post:

Seemed pretty clear in context to the post he was replying to.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope so. I’d love to be able to buy an old Jeep to turn into a crawler and be able to tow it with the Bronco!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think all you can learn from looking at the Ranger, is that the 4 banger will not be what limits the towing numbers for the Bronco.

Wrangler (3,500lb) and Gladiator (>7,000lb) have extremely different tow ratings, even though the engine (V6) is the same, and many other components are arguably similar or the same as well.
I would bet, at least the two door, will have a tow rating of no more than 5000. It's not all about hp for towing. I wouldn't want to be towing 7500 lbs with a vehicle with a 96" wheelbase.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Uuuummmmm..... yes & no......

Trailer Brakes to mention one thing.... (but if the trailer doesn't have brakes, yes, it is a big factor, but it's not the only factor....)
The weight of the Tow Vehicle (not enough Tow Vehicle weigh to produce enough down force for tire traction to move with the trailer attached) is another....

So just saying that the Tow Rating is "NOT about how much you can move, but how much you can STOP" just isn't accurate.
...how about, "How much you can control"

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Anyone has a clue... While I've harped a lot about exterior design, I'm wanting the 2-door...but my passengers will all be 4-legged. So I need a flat surface behind the front seats for dog crates...either rear seat removed...or folded down to mate up with the floor surface behind it. Anyone have a guess???
The Bronco II had a great flip-fold rear that left a flat load floor

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everything looks great so far except the IFS - that's a deal breaker for me. Sold my rubicon waiting for this - went back to a cherokee to beat on until the bronco comes out so that my rubicon won't be worth 12k by the time Ford releases this thing - and if the production one does indeed have an IFS, I'm gonna be right back at the jeep dealership the second the production one is announced. A part of me still wants to hope for a solid axle I guess.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything looks great so far except the IFS - that's a deal breaker for me. Sold my rubicon waiting for this - went back to a cherokee to beat on until the bronco comes out so that my rubicon won't be worth 12k by the time Ford releases this thing - and if the production one does indeed have an IFS, I'm gonna be right back at the jeep dealership the second the production one is announced. A part of me still wants to hope for a solid axle I guess.
Based on what we've heard I'm assuming its IFS (as most of us are). However, the "Rock Monster" rumor has me believing it must be SFA. The only issue with that is we don't know when this trim will be released.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco II had a great flip-fold rear that left a flat load floor
thanks dgorsett....almost bought a Bronco II in 1986, but couldn't get past those funky curl-up rear windows....went S-10 instead. They had an excellent flat rear as well
Sponsored