Sponsored

With some design elements now known... Are you buying the Bronco?

Buying a Bronco

• Total voters

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless this system is improved upon or replaced, it will be the Achilles heel of the Bronco.
This would be a great time for someone from Ford engineering to reply.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll admit it: I only really care about how it looks, and we're just now getting a little more information in that regard to have me 95% convinced it's going to be awesome.

I'm certain it will offer all the performance I need for daily driving with occasional off road excursions. Sure, SFA is cool and a V8 would be an absolute deal-clincher, but I'm mostly just so stoked it's coming back that I'm a likely buyer anyway.
And I thought I may be the only one. :like: I'm sure, like my Jeep JLU, the Bronco will have more off road capability than I'll ever have. So, looks are an important factor that will figure into my buying, or not.

Last edited:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me too.

Actually...IFS would be a deal breaker for me. I have an IFS rig, and it's...Not optimal...To put it lightly...For daily use. It'll climb a tree and is amazing off-road, but I'm not driving that on the highway to work daily.

I want decent power, GREAT looks, daily utility, comfort and reliability.

I also feel that I'm in the minority that WANTS all the new whizbang tech.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too.

Actually...IFS would be a deal breaker for me. I have an IFS rig, and it's...Not optimal...To put it lightly...For daily use. It'll climb a tree and is amazing off-road, but I'm not driving that on the highway to work daily.

I think you have Solid Front Axle and Independent Front Suspension reversed here

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you have Solid Front Axle and Independent Front Suspension reversed here
Goddammit. You're absolutely correct. This is what I get when I try to do work stuff and post to a forum at the same time. I hope I wasn't playing "Opposites Day" with my work as well LOL

I have an SFA rig, and it actively tries to kill me when I drive it (I mean, I did an SOA conversion on a YJ Wrangler...SO that's partially my fault, but it was crap as a highway driver when it was brand new LOL)

I want IFS in my daily haha

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too.

you might be in the minority on this forum but I think the vast majority of buyers want tech. Pretty safe bet to assume we’re getting it too so I know I’ll be happy lol

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
The one thing that keeps popping up in my mind, it’s the absolutely heinous sized computer monitor sticking out from the dash on that Mach E.
If the Broncobronco comes with anything that damn ridiculous looking sticking out of the dash, I will be out just like I am with the Mach E.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one thing that keeps popping up in my mind, it’s the absolutely heinous sized computer monitor sticking out from the dash on that Mach E.
If the Broncobronco comes with anything that damn ridiculous looking sticking out of the dash, I will be out just like I am with the Mach E.
I love tech but totally agree I like a nice size screen but this trend to go huge and plunk a monitor on a dash doesn't work for me. Someone mentioned the way Dodge integrated the touchscreen in the new truck, that would work for me.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dodge integrated the touchscreen in the new truck
Every once in awhile you come up on something you don't really "need"...but you say to yourself, "I just gotta have one'a those". My interest in Bronco has been fueled by that feeling...but a Bronco replica of Dodge's new 12-inch screen (below) will change my mind in a heartbeat. I won't buy an IPAD on wheels; I'm not thinking of buying Bronco because I need a place to sit & play games or watch videos. Besides...this tech will be outdated before a half-dozen oil changes.

detroit_auto_show_2018_dodge_ram_5823.jpg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
makes my day!!!

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I definitely want a screen, and one bigger than my phone...but 15" is way too big and I also would strongly prefer a landscape orientation screen, and as other people have mentioned, it needs to be well integrated into the dash, not plunked on top.

Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that huge screen isn't necessary or ideal, but I can't believe that's a make or break point for buying an entire vehicle LOL

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could knock that Dodge one off around those rotary knobs and it would be more than sufficient. Of course the more screen we get behind the wheel even further minimizes the need in the console.
Sponsored